Pages

Monday 26 September 2011

US vs UK (#25)



Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 25th US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 5  UK: 10  Draw: 8

US vs UK Round 25

Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan

 VS  

Jess says: These are both beautiful covers. But I think I prefer the US cover more. It's just simpler, there's less going on it the cover art which I like.  The UK cover is pretty; and I would pick it up but I definitely prefer the US cover more.

Donna says: This is a bit of a hard one for me because I honestly really like both covers. However, I think the US wins slightly. I really like the UK cover but I'm not a 100% on the women on the cover. Her features look slightly weird, the nose, the eyebrows, the mouth....almost unrealistic. I love the US cover because even though it's plan, the style of fonts and the women in the O looks really pretty. 

Which do you prefer?
_______________________

Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey 

 VS  

Jess says: UK! Definitely the UK it's just a lot prettier and I prefer all the blue/turquoise colour against the plain black. It's just a lot more prettier than the US cover.


Donna says: Oohhh I have to say the UK. Look how much prettier is it? I'm not to sure on the colours on the US but the UK is beautiful. The patterns and I love that we see the wings with all the details on there.  I'm actually pretty excited about reading this book too. 

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to....It's a draw both with 2 votes each

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Both UK covers are the best, the woman on the US version of Stolen Away is a bit creepy lol

Braiden said...

US Glow. UK Stolen Away.

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

UK and..UK!!! I hate that cover for Stolen Away for US ): it reminds me of a clown for some reason! Deff gonna order the UK cover for that one (:

Carina said...

US for Glow and UK for Stolen Away, definitely. :)

Wee Shubba said...

Great minds think alike girls. We also have stolen away as our Monday pick for UK vs US. Lol. And we also said UK for the cover. It's stunning.

Glow: I think the US is a lot nicer. I don't like the girl on the UK cover.

Alba said...

wow!
I love BOTH covers of Glow...can't decide on those ones...
but definitely I'd pick the UK on the second one always...so much prettier and darker...

Anonymous said...

UK wins for me, in both cases! The US cover of Glow is ok, but that O with the girl in it kind-of spoils it for me.

Michelle @ Much Loved Books said...

UK covers for both, there is no competition :)

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Tough pick for Glow. I love both covers. :)

As for Stolen Away, I don't really like either. :(

Books for Company said...

Glow! - Donna I agree, I think the UK one is so pretty much her features look a bit strange!

Stolen Away - Most definitely UK.

Aleksandra said...

I prefer the UK covers of both books, although both Glow covers are amazing.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis