Pages

Sunday 25 September 2011

A Review for The Wanderer by Shawn Kirsten Maravel

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: October 1st, 2011
Finished Date: September 22nd, 2011
Source: ARC, For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 322
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: After getting out of the Army, Landon Bradley packs up his motorcycle and heads North West in hopes of closing up old battle wounds and maybe even settling down. Not accustomed to staying in one spot for too long, he's not certain that he'll ever find a place that he can truly call home. When he finds himself stranded in a small Wyoming town, Landon meets Maxine Abrams, more affectionately known as Max. Her blunt honesty and humble generosity make him feel closer to home then he ever has before. But when his feelings for her grow too strong, the reality that, like everyone else, he could easily lose her too, Landon feels the ever present urge to leave again. And Landon must decide which call to heed. His heart or the open road.
<
The Review: You all know this book is not my usual type of book to read. But when Shawn asked me to review it, how could I say no? I couldn’t, because I’m always looking for new books that will take me by surprise and you know what, The Wanderer hit that spot. 

The story follows Landon Bradley who has just finished his time in the Army and decides to hit the road. With no family, friends or girlfriend to speak of, he’s just looking to cruise around, enjoy the life of travel and take some time to reflect on the last 15 years.
As he moves from place to place, he hasn’t got any plans to stay in one place for too long……well that is until he crashes he motorbike and has no choice but to stay in a small town in Wyoming, while his bike is being repaired. What Landon isn’t prepared for is to meet Max. A young woman that he’s instantly attracted too but, Max gets Landon like no other women has and now he has to choose to stay with the women he’s falling for or hit the road one more time.

Like I said this book surprised me. It surprised me because I wasn’t expecting to enjoy this story as much as I did. It’s one of them books that you can keep reading and reading and not want to stop because it’s just such a mellow book. It’s a read that flows easily and it’s very enjoyable. The first part of the book is a little slower paced because it’s about finding out who Landon is but as soon as Max comes into the picture, you’re filled with suspense and hope. You feel the attraction between these characters straight away and then I sat on edge for the rest of the book hoping there was a happy ending for both our characters.

Ever since I heard Shawn say that she pictures Landon as Ryan Reynolds, that right there for me is an instant win but what I didn’t expect for Landon to become so real to me. He was so down to earth, raw, and passionate and I felt very connected to him. Yes of course, it helps he’s hot too but Landon’s a truly desirable character, even with his faults you’ll still can’t help but fall for him.

Overall, The Wanderer is a great addition to Shawn’s work and I think everyone should give this book a try especially if it’s not your normal read, because like me I reckon you will be surprised. Read it! 

2 comments:

Ottilie Weber said...

I can't wait for it to come out! I was talking to her about it and can't wait :)

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

loved this one, great review (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis