Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

A Review for Silver Moon (Silver Moon #1) by Rebecca A. Rogers

Posted by Donna
Published Date: June 13th, 2011
Finished Date: August 30th, 2011
Source: For Review from Author
Format: Paperback
Pages: 308
<
The Blurb from Goodreads - For seventeen-year-old Candra Lowell, senior year is supposed to be the time of her life. It’s not supposed to include being shipped off to her aunt and uncle’s house for 'her own good'. Whatever that means. There’s only bad news from this experience—when she learns she’ll go from human to werewolf in a few months. Complete with an inherited unique power. At her aunt and uncle's house, Candra is plagued with nightmares of a whispering forest and glowing eyes, and a shadowy figure, who issues a warning—she needs to leave town. Candra tries to dismiss the haunting images, but when the shadowy figure appears outside of her home, Candra realizes she should've obeyed. Candra learns the meaning of the stalker’s warnings when she discovers she’s the new favorite target of a rival pack. She isn't just a werewolf—she's a werewolf in the middle of a feud that makes the Montagues and Capulets look like best friends. She’s also made a mess of things by falling for her sworn enemy. Worse, the rival pack wants the power Candra will receive on her eighteenth birthday. To protect her family and friends, Candra can’t run or hide; she must face her foes, even if it means death.
<
The Review: 
<
“Listen, I —” he begins, but I lean over and place my index finger on his lips. “One day, Benjamin Conway, we can be friends. But, with the way things are right now, I don’t think that’ll happen in this lifetime” His lips graze my finger with a kiss before I pull it away. “Then I’ll wait for you in the next,” he says, and the way those words leave his body and hang in the air, breaks my heart.

4.5 - As soon as I heard about Silver Moon, I knew it was going to be an awesome book…..and I’m so glad I was right.

Seventeen year old Candra Lowell is a senior in high school. For her, being a senior is supposed to the best time of her life. Well, that is until she’s sent to live with her aunt and uncle for her own good. Left to believe her behaviour is the reason she’s now living in Connecticut, Candra is more than disturb when she finds out the real reason she’s there. Her and her family are werewolves and Candra will receive her powers on her eighteen birthday. And not only that but her family is involved in a century long feud between another rival pack and now, Candra has become their next target. Candra knows that she must do whatever is takes to protect her family and friends, even if that means getting close to the Benjamin Conway, who is her sworn enemy. But what she’s doesn’t expect is to fall in love with him.

Romeo & Juliet is always going to be a win but who would off thought of adding the supernatural aspect into it? Well, let me say Rebecca did a fantastic job and she definitely knows how to keep us readers in suspense. You’re instantly pulled into the world that has been created and it is full of enjoyable twists and turns. In the story, we’re introduced to both magic and werewolves and I found it was a fantastic addition, one that kept me interested through-out.

Our characters are loveable and their relationship is even more loveable. It’s hard for them because they are sworn enemies and boy, did you feel for them. Even though they try to take it a day at a time, things are the way they are and both of them know it can only end in pain. My heart went out to both characters and I seriously need to see what happens next with them.

Overall, Silver Moon was intense, dangerous and mysterious, full of dangerous scenes and a forbidden romance that will make your heart break. An awesome read and I’ll look forward to the next book released.

Thank you to Rebecca Rogers for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

4 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

Donna! Can you send this to me to read as well please? It sounds reeeeally interesting!

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Ah I so need to read this one soon! Great review Donna (:

Frances said...

Awesome review. The book sounds amazing! It took me a few tries but I am now following. LOL
http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

Rebecca A. Rogers said...

Thanks for the badass review, Donna! ;)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis