Pages

Tuesday 6 September 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#24)



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading
Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 


Jessica's Teaser Tuesday:  Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

1) "Adrian didn't seem to mind. He dropped his hand and took out a lighter, stepping past us as he did. He nodded towards the doorway. "They're waiting for you. Go on in." Adrian leaned close to Keith's ear and spoke in an onimous voice. "If. You. Dare." He poked Keith's shoulder and gave a "Muhahaha" kind of monster laugh."

2) "Hey a guy can hope. I mean, it's not impossible that a car full of scantily clad sorority girls might break down outside and need my help." "That's true," I said. "Maybe I can put a sign out front that says 'ATTENTION ALL GIRLS: FREE HELP HERE.' "ATTENTION ALL HOT GIRLS,' " he corrected, straightening up. "Right," I said, trying not to roll my eyes. "That's an important distinction." He pointed at me with his pool stick. "Speaking of hot, I like that uniform." 


Donna's Teaser Tuesday: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson

1) "As soon as he turned toward me, I blinked in surprise. The sticking-out ears were gone. The guy coming towards me was shockingly good-looking. He had broad shoulders, light brown hair, dark eyes, and he was already smiling at me.  I knew in that instant the trip had suddenly gotten a lot more complicated."

2) "There are two things that are absolutely necessary if you're going to be hitting the road." "And what are those?" Roger smiled at me as he paused at a stoplight. "Snacks and tunes," he said. "Not necessarily in that order." 

What's your Teaser Tuesday? 

3 comments:

Carina said...

Adrian! I loved him sooo much in Bloodlines. Can't wait for the second novel, so I can get more of him. :D

And Amy & Roger's Epic Detour has been on my to-read list for quite a while now. The teasers sound really intriguing - seems like I should order a copy of that one soon. :)

Thanks for sharing,
Carina

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

LOVE these teasers! I need to pick up VA ..and Amy and Rogers Epic Detour it sounds like such a cute read (:

Isabel Pasrod said...

Reading the teaser of Amy and Roger's Epic Detour made me wanna read it more than I already wanted to
Bye!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis