Pages

Monday 12 September 2011

US vs UK (#23)



Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 23rd US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon!

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

The Scores so far are: 
US: 5  UK: 9  Draw: 7

US vs UK Round 23

Fateful by Claudia Gray

  vs 

Jess says:  I love both of these covers. They're both beautiful in their own way; but I think I prefer the UK one on this one. I love red on the dress is the forefront of the book, but in background you can see the ice-berg nice and clear, and giving off that Titanic vibe.

Donna says:  I really love both of these covers. I love how they both have the same qualities like the moon but I have to say I prefer the UK cover. I love the red dress but what I love most is, you can see the iceberg in the back ground. I also really like the fonts on the front and it looks like something off Titanic. 

Which do you prefer?
_______________________

Forgotten by Cat Patrick 


vs  

Jess Says: It's the UK for me. I love the cover. I love how (I guess); the coloured section represents the present, and the black and white represents the past? I definitely prefer the font too!

Donna Says:  Erghh...I really hate the UK cover. So it's US for me. I honestly, just don't understand the UK cover. The US one is nice and simple and I like how the word 'Forgotten' has been written on the front. 

Which do you prefer?
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to....UK with three votes. 

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :) 

12 comments:

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

I have to agree I like the UK covers. Although I do like the us cover to fateful.

Bella said...

I like the US cover of Fateful best - the red dress on the UK one is nice but there's a weird sticky outy bit on her back... Whether that's just me being silly I have no idea :L Haha and I prefer the UK Forgotten cover - I REALLY don't like the US one... ;)

Jennie said...

I prefer both UK covers. I'm not a big fan of the US Fateful cover because the colors look too washed out. Plus, the UK one really shows that it's about the Titanic.

whispering words said...

I also like both UK covers, there much more eye catching than the US ones!

Books for Company said...

1st : US - I love the colours more and her dress looks strange in the UK.

2nd : UK -

Alba said...

other 2 easy picks for me...
1st I prefer the US Fateful cover!! more alluring ;)

and 2nd the UK cover THAT IS A GORGEOUS cover right there!

Bex said...

I prefer UK for both, especially Forgotten. The US cover makes no sense and is just plain with the text, versus UK who definitely shows more of the story and is gorgeous.

Wee Shubba said...

UK for both. :) the us covers are nice but the UK ones are just more attractive and grab my attention more.

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said...

UK totally wins on all accounts this week! The colours and covers are phenomenal! :)

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

For Fateful I don't really like either one but if I have to pick I would go with the US one but for Forgotten it's most definitely the US one!! I can't even comprehend that someone likes the UK one bcus the US one is so GORGEOUS!! I was going to buy it the other day for the cover alone.

-thank you&come again.

Racquel (A Book Barbie) said...

& oh by the way, I love the posts! They're fun:D

-thank you&come again.

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

hmmmm for fateful I like both of them, but I would have to say UK for Fateful, and for forgotten I like the US one more (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis