Pages

Wednesday 2 November 2011

A review for Shadowfever (Fever #5) by Karen Marie Moning

Posted by Donna
Published Date: January 18th, 2011
Finished Date: October 29th, 2011
Publishers: Delacorte Press
Source: Purchased
Format: Kindle
Pages: 594
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: MacKayla Lane was just a child when she and her sister, Alina, were given up for adoption and banished from Ireland forever. 

Twenty years later, Alina is dead and Mac has returned to the country that expelled them to hunt her sister's murderer. But after discovering that she descends from a bloodline both gifted and cursed, Mac is plunged into a secret history: an ancient conflict between humans and immortals who have lived concealed among us for thousands of years. 

What follows is a shocking chain of events with devastating consequences, and now Mac struggles to cope with grief while continuing her mission to acquire and control the Sinsar Dubh- a book of dark, forbidden magic scribed by the mythical Unseelie King, containing the power to create and destroy worlds. 

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves. 

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman haunting her dreams? More important, who is Mac herself and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card? 

From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and to make a choice that will either save the world . . . or destroy it.


The Review: “He pulls me around and kisses me.”You're Mac," he says. "And I'm Jericho. And nothing else matters. Never will. You exist in a place that is beyond all rules for me. Do you understand that?" I do. Jericho Barrons just told me he loves me.” 

Shadowfever, oh my! Where do I even start with Shadowfever? It’s nearly 3 days later and I’m still gushing and thinking about this book….I LOVED IT! 

After the shocking events in Dreamfever, Mac is struggling to cope with the grief of losing someone close to her. She has no other option but to team up with the Lord Master and try to contain the Sinsar Dubh for herself. However, things don’t go that smoothly when Mac finds out the truth about Barron’s and the battle between humans and Fae comes to ahead and finally, the Sinsar Dubh starts hunting Mac but why? 

Words can not describe the emotions I felt during this book. I thought I was nervous reading Dreamfever but Shadowfever was a whole different story. Honestly…..it’s EPIC! I loved it! 

Ms Moning totally out does herself with her awesome and well thought out storylines that leaves you questioning everything you once believed. You don’t know who to trust, you don’t know what’s coming next and you certainly can not predict the outcome. 

The whole series in general was great. Yes, it started out a little slow and yes, I did moan there was no romance at the start but I have to say, I’m pretty eager to re-read these books because I honestly think I will feel totally different about them the second time round. I’ve fallen in love with the characters and I’ve fallen in love with the story that I am still thinking about them days after. And of course, Barron’s is the one I’m thinking about most. Can I marry him? Wow! What a guy! I could just gush about him all day long…..that man seriously….MADE THESE BOOKS! If it wasn’t for him I would of lost interest ages ago but Ms Moning deserves a pat on the back for creating such a fantastic male character. 

Overall, the Fever series is probably not my favourite series of all time but it’s definitely on my favourite list and I would like to re-read the series again, so until that day I’ll be counting down the days. I’d recommend the series to anyone. Shadowfever was definitely the best out of the series and I can not wait to read more in book 6 & 7 when there finally released. 

Here are some of my favourite quotes throughout the series:

“I didn’t ask. Some things are better left unsaid.
He looked at me and I shivered. I never get enough of him.
Never will.
He lives.
I breathe.
I want. Him. Always.
Fire to my ice. Ice to my fever.
Later we would go to bed, and when he rose over me, dark and vast and eternal, I’d know joy.” – Shadowfever

“When you know who I am. Let me be your man.” – Shadowfever

“Jericho Barrons was my poison now.” – Dreamfever

“You're leaving me, Rainbow Girl.” – Dreamfever

“When Barrons looks at me like that, it rattles me. Lust, in those ancient, obsidian eyes, offers no trace of humanity. Doesn’t even bother trying. Savage Mac wants to invite it to come out and play. I think she’s nuts. Nuts, I tell you.” – Faefever 

7 comments:

Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Fever series. I so need to do a re-read soon! Great review. JZB is YUMMY!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

BARRONS! I don't know of another series that as addictive as this one.

roro said...

need to read these/high on my wishlist

kara-karina@Nocturnal Book Reviews said...

You can't marry him, Donna! Jericho is MINE! :) Seriously this is one of the best couples in UF genre. Just so so intense and powerful. I'm so glad you've got the fever now!

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

i have the whole series in my TBR pile..you just reminded me..why i need to dust them off and get busy reading !

http://www.kimbathecaffeinatedbookreviewer.blogspot.com/

Bex said...

Seriously, this book had me scared! LOL. When nearing the end I still had so many questions I was afraid we'd never get any answers! And the story... huge emotional roller coaster. An awesome ending to an awesome series.

Giselle said...

Yay! I truly enjoyed this series as well. Book 6&7 are not of this series though it's going to be a sister series in the same world. I can't wait to read more of Karen's books though they're bound to be fantastic.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis