Pages

Thursday 10 November 2011

A Review for Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L Armentrout


Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: December 6th, 2011
Finished Date: November 10th, 2011
Publishers: Entangled Publishing
Source: ARC, For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 277 
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Starting over sucks. When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring…. until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up. And then he opened his mouth.


 Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something…unexpected happens. The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. If I don’t kill him first, that is.

The Review: I’ll be honest a few months ago, I had never heard of Jennifer L.Armentrout but then bam—there is Half-Blood and now bam--Obsidian is here and my oh my, has Jennifer took the paranormal world by storm and I hope she’s here to stay!

Katy and her mother move to a small town after Katy’s father passed away. With school not starting for another few weeks, Katy makes friend with her next door neighbour Dee. The problem with Dee is her twin brother Daemon, who instantly hates Katy and is very rude to her. But Katy can’t help feeling attracted to Daemon, even though in her opinion he’s a jerk. When Katy gets in trouble, it’s Daemon that comes to her rescue but she soon realises, Daemon and Dee aren’t normal….their not human…most of all…their Alien’s.

I just want to say how much I loved this book! I adored Half-Blood and I can’t believe the talent Jennifer has to, to be able to create another compelling and captivating story with fantastic characters and full of action. Seriously, Jennifer is clocking up as one of my favourite authors and her Obsidian, which is her second book hasn’t even been released yet. Seriously, I can not wait to see what she does next!

So Obsidian, wow! From page one you’re sucked into a mysterious and dangerous world of the Luxen’s and I loved every minute of it. Our main characters were some of the best I’ve read about in a while. Katy being my favourite was strong, determined and independent. She wouldn’t let Daemon walk all over her even though he treats her like dirt and even through out the entire story, she is loyal as ever. My favourite quality of Katy was….she’s a BLOGGER! Woooo! I think this was a fantastic idea; it was so great reading about her filming an In My Mailbox and creating a Waiting on Wednesday post and even reading about her getting embarrassed about her book love. It’s totally true to some of us bloggers. My second favourite character is….Daemon. He is one total swoon worthy guy and you’d be stupid to miss on reading about him. He’s the guy all girls love but then you can’t help hate him too because of how he is, so hot and cold but I honestly think it’s all a front. I loved the banter between him and Katy and the chemistry was smoking hot. So much sexual tension between these too characters, that it’s sure to make you melt.

The storyline was exciting and dangerous with fantastic twists and turns. The Luxen’s have very unique qualities and even the bad guys were awesome. I just want to know more about the world of the Luxens. I have to say, the romance being my favourite part of the story wasn’t even what I was expecting. I was expecting a full on relationship from the get go but nope, Jennifer keeps us readers in suspense and I can not wait for the next book in the series.

You guys seriously need to read this book, it’s not one to miss and honestly, one of my favourite reads on 2011!

A huge thank you to Entangled Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review this book!

 

6 comments:

Giselle said...

Whoohoo! Glad you loved this as much as I did! Isn't Daemon sexy!? Gaaah.

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Book Passion for Life said...

I loved it Giselle! I can't wait to get the next one! :)

April said...

I have been reading about how the main Character is a blogger. that's so friggen cool. :)

I haven't read half blood or anything by this Author yet. I will though! I have both on my christmas list.

And aliens!!Yay, I can't wait.. Vamps and Were's are so last year.. bring on the hot aliens! Woo!

Carina said...

I'm dying to read this one. And now after reading your review even more! It sounds so amazing and it feels like everyone who has read it already, loved it. :D

Great review, hun. Thanks for sharing,
Carina

Lesley said...

I really want to read this now, especially if it merits an epic rating.

Book Crook Liza said...

I can't wait to read this!!!!! It sounds amazing! Love your review! :) She films an In My Mailbox???? LOL! That's awesome!


Liza @ Book Crook Liza

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis