Pages

Sunday 27 November 2011

A Review for Cicada by Belle Whittington

Posted by Donna
Published Date: July 14th, 2011
Finished Date: November 20th, 2011
Source: For Review from Author
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Summertime had always been carefree and fun for Blair Reynolds and her friends--until they came upon something that was not human. As the group of friends band together in a fight for their lives, Blair's true love becomes something more than human...something unnatural. And their existence relies on their ability to keep a secret.
< 
The Review:  Cicada is one of them novels that before you start, you know nothing about. Even before reading the blurb....it doesn't really give you an insight of what the story is actually about. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting but boy was I shocked when I found out.
< 
Now I bet you think I'm going to tell you what the story is about....well....I'm not. I don't want to spoil it for you guys because like me, I'm glad it was a surprise. But I will tell you what I thought about it without giving to many details away.

The story was mysterious and slightly dangerous but it was seriously thrilling. The characters were some of the best I’ve read about from a self-published author and found myself truly connecting with them. Belle gave that right amount of emotion to each scene and I loved it. My favourite characters were of course Everett and Blair at a close second. The story has twists and turns through-out and keeps you guessing. Although I would have liked to have had some answers a little sooner, I still did enjoy the story.

And finally, I’ll say that the ending was a shocker. Just when we finally start to find out things…..yep….you guessed it Belle ends it. Ahhhhh! I definitely have a love hate relationship with cliff-hangers.

Overall, Belle Whittington has created a unique series and I’ll look forward to reading more from her in the future.

No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis