Pages

Thursday 17 November 2011

Jess goes to the Breaking Dawn Premiere in London

Hey bloggers! 

I'm baaaaaccck! :) So I thought I would share by beautiful (and cold) adventure to the UK Film Premiere of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1. 

So my love of Twilight started pretty much 2 years ago when I first watched Twilight and later read all the books within a week. I became one of those obsessed people that bought all the merchandise that I could find. I Googled 'Robert Pattinson' and or 'Edward Cullen' countless times so that I could save images of him to my computer at home AND at work. Anyway, it all began then and slowly over the past year and a half, I have calmed down a lot. I'm now just 'a fan'. I'm no longer obsessed, and I no longer spend money on merchandise that I don't need. However, I still love the films and the actors enough to camp out for 36 hours to get to see Robert, Kristen and Taylor along with Jamie Campbell Bower, and Bill Condon. So this is how my adventure began on Tuesday the 15th of November 2011, the day before the UK Premiere of Breaking Dawn. 


7am Tuesday the 15th of November...

I awake to a text message from my friend Megan who had already been at Westfield in Stratford from 6.30am that day. To say that I had best get there asap as there is woman handing out numbers for the people in the queue. Naturally I freaked out thinking that if I didn't get there soon I'd miss out! So I called my other friend Leanne to tell to get her arse up and out of bed because we had to get going! So we met at our station at 8am and got on the next train to London. After a lengthy journey into London, and two tube trains and about 7 tube stops later we arrived at Westfield Stratford City. I called Meg and she gave me directions to where the campers where. It was around 9.20am by the time I found Meg who was already wrapped in a blanket and her coat. Leanne and I settled down with them and we all began chatting about anything and everything...and the day passed pretty quickly then. 


 


8pm Tuesday the 15th of November...

The temperature dropped significantly so a lot of us layered up on blankets, and we all went for a hot chocolate run. By then the numbers of campers had increased to around 136 from 70 at 10am that morning. It got dark and cold, but we all still laughed and joked and ate, and just generally tried to keep as warm as possible in the English November weather. 

11.30pm Tuesday the 15th of November...

By this time we're all getting pretty tired, the temperature dropped to about 7 degrees, so we broke out the heat packs and stuffed them in our shoes and gloves. I was wearing 3 layers, so I managed to keep warm and fell asleep around this time. By then the campers had reached 236. I reckon I got a pretty good sleep, it was one of those unsure sleeps. The type where you know you've slept but you aren't sure how long for? 

4.30am Wednesday the 16th of November-Premiere day!!

I woke up around this time (I think), it was pretty damn cold, there was fog covering all of London, and a lot of us were still asleep. Some I don't think even slept at all! I couldn't check the time properly as my phone died the day before. But I just took a guess based on the lightness of the day. We all pretty much sat around and tried to keep warm again. My heat packs were still working which I was impressed with. We all woke up and were just overly excited but we weren't going to be moving until 6am when they were giving us our wristbands. 

5.30am Wednesday the 16th of November...

We all packed up and got ourselves sorted, made sure we'd had some sort of breakfast and went to the toilet; which as you can tell from the second picture above weren't the most glamorous...

By 6.30am (later than we were told) we were all ready to go, we were given our entry wristbands and marched on down to the next section. We were told to wait there and everyone on the list who had a number from the lady the previous day were told to get in order. We weren't happy about this because Leanne and I ended up being split from our friends. I'd just like to make mention that the woman with the numbers didn't work for Westfield, and I'm pretty sure she broke the Protection Act by taking people's names. But hey, it wasn't my place to say anything. We sat there for aaaages! It turns out Westfield were still setting up and weren't ready to let us fans into the pens or barriers yet. So, we all took out our chairs (if we had them) or sat on our cases and wrapped up for the long wait ahead.

8am Wednesday the 16th of November...

We're still waiting, and we're getting impatient and frustrated. We are then told we'd be going in at 9, so I got up and went to the bathroom and tried to make myself look human rather than a zombie. When I got back 20 minutes later, we were told that we wouldn't be going in until 10am now. So we had another long wait ahead. I sat back down, took out my ipod, and listened to Glee songs on it. 

10am Wednesday the 16th of November...

Finally!!!! We are allowed through. We went through in groups of 20 and we were led through to our barriers/pens (we sound like animals), unfortunately Leanne and I got split from Meg and the others but we both managed to get a great spot RIGHT AT THE FRONT!! This is the part where all the cold and camping pays off. We were still outside as it was an outdoor event, but we were finally where we wanted to be! And the carpet was white with a red border and they'd set up everything up beautifully...


 

We waited there. Admiring the decorations and making some new friends. Talking about whatever we could. I believe Glee and the Hunger Games came up a few times as well as The Mortal Instruments. From then on, we waited and talked and heard the soundtrack being played a few times. Heard the mic testing, and generally people watching.

5pm Wednesday the 16th of November...

Ahh it's only 45 minutes to go before it officially begins to live stream!! The atmosphere is incredible, the fans are cold but excited. Along come the tv crews. The interviewers walk up and down the carpet searching out for fans and banners! We get spotted by Daybreak and go into and interview (we aren't sure if it will be aired). Lots of screaming happens. There's so much excitement that the time passes so quickly! 

5.45pm Wednesday the 16th of November...

Aaaaand enter Nick Grimshaw and his co-host (I forget her name as I don't watch the X-tra Factor...). It begins. They introduce themselves, and they're pictured on the giant screen above us (unfortunately we have a massive pole type thing in the way). We begin with them showing us the trailer for Breaking Dawn Part 1, if you haven't seen it then you can You Tube it. As the trailer is being played; us fans scream at our favourite moments...Edward breaking the headboard got a massive response...Jake taking his shirt off...also a massive response. Trailer finishes and we're back to Nick and his co-host, who decide to get us to scream a little more by mentioning that Robert, Kristen and Taylor will all be arriving shortly (cue fangirl screaming). They play the music video my Christina Perri 'A thousand Years' (amazing song). They then play Bruno Mars 'It Will Rain' (another great song). Once Bruno has finished, we cut to Nick who speaks a little with some of the fans, and then we cut to his co-host who announces that Director Bill Condon has arrived! He walks out and the fans scream. This is the genius behind the making of Breaking Dawn, so naturally a God in his own right. Bill makes his rounds, speaking with the tv crews and posing for the press. After him enters the producer (and again I can't remember his name...Wytt something??), he makes his rounds as well and we love him just as much as the director. It isn't long until Bill reaches our section and we manage to have a small conversation with him. We just simply thank him, he thanks us and he hopes we enjoy the film. He thought we were hardcore for sleeping...on the street... in the cold...for 36 hours. Hardcore dedication!!


 




6.15pm Wednesday 16th of November...

The time has come!! We go back to Nick's co-host who announces Robert, Kristen, and Taylor. More fangirl screaming...it's really loud! The three walk out, Robert on the Left, Kristen in the middle and Taylor on the right. They all look gorgeous! 



Apologies for the c**p photo but my camera doesn't like giant screens, and the stupid pole is in the way! 

Naturally everyone is still fangirling, they pose for pictures for the press, they then split up (Poor Kristen is left standing in heels on her own without the help of the boys, so she changes into blue Nike trainers...seriously). We're all fangirling. By this time Arsenal football player Theo Walcott as passed by with his girlfriend, and singer Pixie Lott has done the rounds with her boyfriend. We're all still so excited. The atmosphere is immense, it's still cold but our adrenaline has kicked in and all the pushing is causing everyone to use body heat. 

And so here comes the moment that my life became surreal. The moment I almost cried, and died a little inside because I was so happy...Taylor Lautner came to sign and I got a picture with him. I look deafly pale, and cold with a silly wool hat on (with a bobble, but you can't see it lol), and Taylor looks like a Greek God in a suit...


I know! He's gorgeous on screen, but good God that boy-man- is stupidly pretty in person that when you look at him, he makes you want to cry. Don't I look happy, and cold?? Amazing moment, and he's so friendly, and just completely adorable. I love him, it's not enough to make me switch teams, but I definitely love Taylor a lot more now than previously. And I most definitely appreciate Jacob Black a whole lot more.


Even the side of him is pretty. This boy-man-has no bad side! And so I was completely melting inside, he was then taken away from us by his Manager (I hate it when they do that). Once he was dragged away, I was sad...so very sad. But really lots of tiny little me's inside were still jumping, swooning, fainting, fangirling. The usual. And so my Taylor experience came to an end...and it was Kristen's turn. She tends not to take pictures with fans. That's just the way she is, I think its a privacy thing, and she doesn't like being centre of attention...fair enough. But I got some amazing shots, and she's lovely. Very friendly. Her acting may be a little stoic, but she makes up for it. She's beautiful too, very mature and adult now. Her dress was beautiful, I don't have a full shot, but you can Google the Premiere and it's bound to come up somewhere.

  



So there she is. She looked beautiful, and I'm so glad I managed to see her. 

Now comes the moment, that I've wanted ever since seeing Twilight. And that moment comes in the form of Robert Pattinson. Now I've met him once before at his Premiere for Remember Me, but those weren't great photos as I was behind someone else. But this time I was in front! I missed him at his Water For Elephants Premiere, and I swore I would go to this one. Now this photo below, is a better one of me, but not a great one of Rob, he seems to be making a weird face, but I'm not overly bothered, because it's R-Pattz...


 

Yep, told ya it was an odd face. But hey, he looked gorgeous anyway. I love him and I'm just glad I got a picture :). The time that Robert came to us it got manic that my hat almost fell off from all the arms pressing down on me! Madness ensued and I've never been so squashed in all my life...squashed like a grape...by a giant dog. Nightmare, but again I still managed to come out with a picture and a memory that I'll cherish for life.

Almost at the end now bloggers. The last person I have pictures of is Jamie Campbell Bower. I have no words for how much I adore this man. He was wonderful. He wasn't taking fan photos (his own reasons I guess or his Manager was a b*tch...whatever). I got a few shots, and I had my own personal conversation which came from reading the Mortal Instruments it goes like this...

Me: Jamie, I'm really looking forward to you playing Jace Wayland.
Jamie: Aww thank you. That means a lot to me, and I just hope I can do the part justice.
Me: I'm sure you will. Good luck.
Jamie: Thank you

And you know what? I think he'll do a great job. He's really grown on me in the past few months and I'm so totally excited for it and I will be attending that premiere too! Jamie is lovely, such a friendly guy and he doesn't even mind if you swear at him for whatever reason. Not that you would but it's good to know. Then he got dragged away by his Manager but not before I got some shots in.

  






It was 7.30pm by the time Jamie had passed us. And no one else was around. So we decided to head home. We left at 7.30 and made our way home. I got home around 9.15, and immediately uploaded my images to Facebook, and got lots of comments and 'likes' for my Taylor picture. Lots of jealous friends right now, and that feels amazing lol. 

So that concludes my 2 day adventure for a Premiere. Will I be attending next years? Probably yes, it's the final part and I have high hopes that all the cast members will be there. Yes I'll probably camp out for one final time. 

I hope you enjoyed reading about my little adventure as much as I loved experiencing it. I didn't get as many photos as I wanted, but I got some of the most excellent ones and a hell of a lot of memories to cherish. The Taylor photo is my FB profile picture, my phone desktop, my Blackberry messenger photo, my work desktop...you get the gist. I probably won't be changing it for a long time...I'll turn it black and white when I get a chance.

Thanks for taking the time to read this enormous post! I hope you like the pictures.

Happy reading guys :)


15 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG. Jess you don't understand how jealous I am right now! That picture with Taylor is amazing! I LOVE him and RPattz. I can't wait to watch the movie and thanks for sharing your adventure!

Unknown said...

wished i could have been there with you :D
Awesome blog Jess x

Book Passion for Life said...

Omg Jess! You didn't tell me you got a photo of Rob too! ;) Loved reading about all the fun you had!!! ~ Donna

Lesley said...

Brilliant post Jess, I can't believe you camped out you must have been FREEZING! That Taylor picture is probably worth it though!

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

Lucky you! That pic of Taylor looks good actually seeing him on This Morning I think I have a new crush ;)

Sophia Chang said...

Right?!? I took some girls from the Los Angeles Twilight Lovers group to the Taylor Lautner taping of Jay Leno and I died when he smiled and waved back at us. DIED in a pool of light.

Team Jacob for life!

Lalaine said...

OMG i seriously just died there! omg!!!! That pic of you and Taylor and Rob was soooo goooooooodddd! Im so jealous! YOure a ver lucky girl! And that pic of Jamie, I loved that guy!!!!!! OMG. *swoons*

Ficbookreviews

Evie said...

Aww I want a pic with Taylor too! He's so handsome! Love him!

Rachel said...

GAAAAAAHHHHHH! Yeah! Just add me to that jealousy basket please. I'm so envious right now, mainly that you got to meet Jamie and Taylor.
So glad you had a great night. Even if it was cold!!

Rachel @ The Rest Is Still Unwritten

Alba said...

~dies~

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

HOLY C*AP! Those pictures are awesome.

*dies of jealousy*

MoonStar said...

Yeah.. The pic. with you and Taylor was really good. Looks like an awesome time.. wow.. that´s a memorie for life :) Jealous as well :) hehe

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

omg...this post makes me want to die!!!!!!!! You are so lucky! bah! I cant even get over it...those pics..that is YOU and THEE Taylor Lautner...AND Robert..omg...seriously would kill to have been you! (: Glad you had a good time!

Book Passion for Life said...

Haha yes Haley, that is me and THEE Taylor Lautner. I couldn't believe it myself after that photo was taken. He's incredibly pretty in person. Really pretty in fact. He's gotten hotter lol.

~Jess

Natalie said...

I'm sooo jealous, but in a good way, I'm really happy for you! I'm going to London this year to Breaking Dawn 2 premiere. This is probably a stupid question but where did you put your bags after sleeping on the street? Did you take it inside?)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis