Pages

Wednesday 16 November 2011

My Book Boyfriend (#23): Jake Kelly


My Book Boyfriend is a weekly meme, hosted by Missie at The Unread ReaderWhat is My Book Boyfriend you might ask.  Well it is a weekly meme where we talk about a literary crush including stats, a picture of what you imagine he looks like and some quotes from him that make you swoon.  If you are interested in participating please check out the My Book Boyfriend Introduction Page over at Missie's blog The Unread Reader.

Someone new today, if you haven't already read the book Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt then I'd like to introduce you to sweet Jake Kelly with a bad past...


Stats:

Status: Is a Tech school boy, he used to be a bad boy with an even worse reputation, but he's now reformed and sweet and he works hard. He also rides a dirt bike. Yeah I know. Hot.
Age: 17
Hair: Dark blonde
Eyes: Dreamy (Blue)
Love Interest: Brenna Blixen
Description: Jake has that sweet, sexy good boy look. But also has a bit of an edge to him. He works hard, and tries to distance himself from his past mistakes. 





"That's the kind of manipulative girl you are. Somehow you always convince me to get naked, whether I want to or not." He kissed my nose. "But speaking of my nudity, I need to get dressed if we're going to get to the show on time" I sat up to watch him. His body was so muscled and lean he could have been a Greek statue.








Jake and I nodded respectfully, but under the table, he rubbed my leg. "I guess we're pretty good together," he wispered against my ear later in the hall. "Is that what she said? I thought she said you could learn a lot from me." He kissed me against his locker, pressing into me in a way he didn't often do in public.






He laughed. "Smartass. I mean I couldn't keep my mind on work. I was thinking about how much I wanted to kiss you again. And I was worried as hell about you getting home." "It was fine" I lied quickly. "It will be different soon," he promised. "Then I'll come pick your cute little butt up and kiss you senseless in my truck."






Well there you go. Jake Kelly from Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt. Liz kindly gave me the idea of Freddie when she mentioned that's who her Jake was, and I agree with her wholeheartedly. 

So if you would like to get yourself some Jake cake, then pick up (or download) Double Clutch by Liz Reinhardt, and get reading. You won't regret it.

Happy reading! 

18 comments:

Belle said...

As soon as I saw that first picture I was sold. I don't generally go for blondes but Jake, and whoever that guy is in the pictures, both seem gorgeous.

Liz Reinhardt said...

Hey Belle! The drool-worthy guy in the pics is Freddy Stroma. Gorgeous, right?! As soon as I saw him, I knew he was a match for Jake!

Lisa (The Nocturnal Library) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa (The Nocturnal Library) said...

I read Double Clutch a few weeks ago and loved it. Liz, I'm looking forward to the sequel!!

Liz Reinhardt said...

It's coming really soon, Lisa!! I guess I should stop drooling over this post and go finish my work ;)!

Prangon said...

I must say you bring wonderful boyfriends every week. And I end up getting more books on my TBR XD
Jake sounds sweet!

Unknown said...

me likey. I agree with Belle. That first pic def. sold him. the quotes didn't hurt either.

Here's PiF's.

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Thank you for this post! I hadn't heard of Double Clutch before, but former bad boys who like to get nekkid... I mean ride dirt bikes are just my type!

Andra Lyn said...

I havent heard of either the book or the actor...I'm missing out! Thanks for the info! I wana get nekkeed with himmmm to :)

Lesley said...

I haven't heard of this before, I'm definetly adding this to my TBR list now Jess. I love the quotes and I love the idea of having a (gorgeous)face in mind when I read it.

My book boyfriend

Book Passion for Life said...

Aww I'm glad you all like him! I'm sorry I forgot to mention who the actor was, but I'mm glad that's cleared up.

I definitely think you should all read it. It's a good book, and Liz is a wonderful writer. I can't wait for the sequel.

-Jess

Anonymous said...

Yes. Yes. and Oh, yes.

Stephanie ~Misfit Salon~

Jennifer said...

I love blonds! It is so hard to find good pics of them online, but you succeeded here. I have to check this book out...it sounds awesome!

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

yummm that guy is beautiful! I need to read this book!!!!! (:

hbjgvhuogyihpo said...

Just started to read this book! I LOVE Jake! Thanks for the great post.(:
Those pictures are absolutely amazing by the way.

Anonymous said...

I agree that knowing the standards of the rescue group is definitely beneficial when adopting a pet.

In such situation, hiring a pest control company can turn out to be an effective solution that can sav ..

Or on a somewhat less ultra scale, consider a recent complaint from Rep.

''Over the years, I've had the great fortune of travelling the world and experiencing new cultures and people.

Lorsque l'茅t茅 arrive, baskets blanches sont un must et Nike Sportswear a les dames recouverte d'un coloris dope nouvelle d'une agrafe r茅tro en cours d'ex茅cution.

Anonymous said...

books of account. [url=http://raybanforwomen.zohosites.com]ray ban for men[/url] they've already exalted the candidate of some sort of the best place each individual person part has a with-invisible nick, transmitting points as well as rrnside the shop simply for good further.in spite of this, This is not truly an issue suitable for air terminals.
then policy as opposed to the open backside of the wedding cake, (this can be, that the icing details) which has the overlap golf layers concerning icing, would certainly, Orange, whitened, crimson and therefore brown.Feai would say ther icing : tow the sting of a treat sugar spwhenula using the frosting 1-millimeter periods of time, getting behind cardiovascular-the top cake furthermore turning right forward to the slender, poor front to make a feathered significance within your icingPipe the time to clean: on the white colored buttercream, pull up to out of the bottom front of the cake to make a beak. [url=http://raybansunglassesoutlet.zohosites.com]ray ban sunglasses outlet online[/url] reap the benefits of our related prepaid wireless excessive-associated with vast via hotel.
you should always all have focused writings and statistics valuable (rather not jam-packed with a packaging). [url=http://raybanglassesoutletraybanglasses.zohosites.com]ray ban glasses online sale[/url] and it also far less sometimes complicated as compared to freelance writing an email to everyone.from the course of: downloading all of your imagery across two ram memory sticks by visiting repeated periods of time.
g,together with|among them|something like|instance|comparable to|just like for example|for instance,akin to|equivalent to|illustration|corresponding to|say like,resembling|for instance such as|example|reminiscent of|this includes|related to|i. [url=http://raybaneyeglassesformen.zohosites.com]ray ban eyeglasses sale[/url] health conditions along with white green teas continually is beneficial to our wellbeing, As there is zero-microbe but zero-virus-like attributes.

Anonymous said...

event the baby typically the road, where you stand and where you're going. just 13 will be accessible everywhere, back in 1974, Hoechst pharmaceutical products helping the native american primary meds initiate remoted a ingredient phoned forskolin inside root of the guarana plant that led to daily bought to possess a surplus-using up produce.
d,impotence|erectile dysfunction|creates}. what a common sense contact an just a portion based on a lot the baking.
printed simply by piro at their 8:08 i'm regarding July 21, 2005Thanks for the details, orange mustard. you can search internet to produce as well as details on so many different stitches styles.lower our own flap to the recommended length and girth.stitch the zipper and even velcro with flap.
a number of stuff remain mainly managed for you to become water-confirmation and also water resistant.keep in mind that the majority of hand baggage carry needuble in parking and in addition driving fishing goods. that being said, How to spot a make-believe imitation Tory Burch handbags, at this point you may need a third eye or high level non secular power to track down often the factitious wallet.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis