Pages

Saturday 14 May 2011

A review for Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by Andrea Cremer

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: July 12th, 2011
Finished Date: May 14th, 2011
The Blurb: This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended–Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered. But then the Searchers make her an offer–one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack–and the man–she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive

The Review: I'm going to try and write this review the best I can without spoiling it for you all BUT if your not sure please don't continue.

I couldn't believe my luck when I won a copy of this book off Andrea Cremer on Twitter. Yes people! Twitter! You know, I now love Twitter that much more. ;) Anyway....I've been eagerly awaiting this book since reading Nightshade and let me say, this book didn't disappoint.

Wolfsbane starts with Calla waking up in the home of her enemy; the Searchers. Believing she is will be killed, she is shocked when she is made an offer. An offer to help the Searchers take down her masters giving her the one thing she's wanted....freedom. After years of being told the Searchers were the enemy, Calla finally learns the truth and now much faces the choices of choosing her own destiny.

I loved it! Just loved it! Andrea Cremer blew me away the first time and she's done it again. Wolfsbane was everything I could of wanted. It's pretty fast paced with information from the start and we finally find out the truth about the Keepers, Searchers and Guardians. I won't go into to much detail about that but it was really interesting to read about, a lot of the blanks from the first book are answered. I loved that we finally get to see what life on the "enemy" side is like and the fact that we see just how evil the Keepers really are.

We also get introduced to a few new characters Connor, Monroe, Adne & Ethan, ones that I took and instant liking too. I found them great to read about especially with the banter and jokes between them all. The story itself was exciting, entertaining, action packed and I found I could of just kept on reading and reading. There was also a few sad times, one that completely shocked me but I'm not going to spoil it and second was Ansel's situation.... them Keepers are just nasty. I do hope it gets sorted.

The relationship between Calla & Shay, well....lets just say things get a lot hotter between them BUT, for you Shay fans, I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet because I felt there wasn't really any improvement to their relationship. I thought after the first book Calla had pretty much chosen Shay but she is more confused than ever in this book with who she should be with. To all you Ren fans, SORRY but Ren's pretty absent for the whole book, he's more of a supporting role. We mainly see him in Calla's thoughts, and as I said she is more than confused right now. With me, sitting on the fence with Team Ren & Team Shay I'm actually really excited to see how both relationships are played out in the next book. Oooh I'm also really looking forward to seeing if anything happens between Sabine and Ethan ;)

I do believe that Wolfsbane has been set up just right for Bloodrose. I enjoyed the ending and I can't even imagine where this third book is going to lead us but I'm praying there is happy ending.

Guys, I hope I've made some sense during this review, lol but when you've read Wolfsbane PLEASE find me! I can't wait to talk to you all about it :) 

3 comments:

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Wow, lucky! I'm dying to read this book- glad you loved it. :D

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks Sally - It was amazing. I really wish I had the next one now. Lol Donna

ereader89 said...

I'm going to have to get on twitter a lot more now ;) AHHH I can not wait to read this, your review is awesome and if its possible it makes me want to read it even more!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis