Pages

Tuesday 17 May 2011

A review for Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning (Fever #2)

Posted by Jessica
Published Date: October 16th, 2007
Finished Date: May 17th, 2011
The BlurbI used to think my sister and I were just two nice southern girls who'd get married in a few years and settle down to a quiet life. Then I discovered that Alina and I descend, not from good wholesome southern stock, but from an ancient Celtic bloodline of powerful sidhe-seers, people who can see the Fae. Not only can I see the terrifying otherworldly race, but I can sense the sacred Fae relics that hold the deadliest of their magic.
When my sister was found dead in a trash-filled alley in Dublin, I came over to get answers. Now all I want is revenge. And after everything I've learned about myself, I know I have the power to get it....
MacKayla Lane's ordinary life underwent a complete makeover when she landed on Ireland's shores and was plunged into a world of deadly sorcery and ancient secrets.
In her fight to stay alive, Mac must find the Sinsar Dubh-a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over both the worlds of the Fae and of Man. Pursued by Fae assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she cannot trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and irresistible men: V'lane, the insatiable Fae who can turn sensual arousal into an obsession for any woman, and the ever-inscrutable Jericho Barrons, a man as alluring as he is mysterious.
For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them....

The Review: Right another review. Here goes. 

I have absolutely no idea what to write. :| I slacked a lot with this one. It's taken me a week to read it, mostly because I was being lazy. I know what you're thinking. How could I put it down? Well actually I couldn't I just happened to take a really long time.

Anyway, Bloodfever continues Mac's journey to avenge her sisters death, and to find the Sinsar Dubh-the Dark Book of the Unseelie. 

After the events in the last book, some of the questions we were left with, are answered. But a lot of new ones arise and make you questions everything again. This book was more thrilling than the last, a lot more action and we meet a few more characters. Mac and Barron's relationship starts to progress a little further in this book which I was pleased to read. I hope the next books give a good Mac and Barrons pay out, because there's so much sexual tension that you could cut it with that bloody spear Mac carries around! HURRY THE FECK UP YOU TWO! 

This book was more fast paced than the previous and I'm sure the ones to come will be better as it goes along. Barrons still uses Mac as his OOP (Object of Power), but Bloodfever shows another side of Barrons that was good to see. From reading I kept sensing that Barrons is starting to fall for Mac and vice versa, whilst all the while still managing to remain mysterious as to who-or what-he actually is. Speaking of Barrons, what the hell is he? We still don't know! He refuses to give Mac straight answers. I'm thinking books 3,4 will probably NOT tell us, which means I have to wait until 5 to find out. Great. WHAT ARE YOU BARRONS?! 

V'lane. I want more V'lane! That supposed human hour that Mac was supposed to have actually turned into a month. I want more than a month with V'lane. MORE!

Anyway, I'm hooked now. Totally not disappointed one bit. Thanks to Britnee and Stacia for recommending and 'bullying' me into reading this series. 

On with Faefever!



4 comments:

Elodie said...

This series is awesome !! Don't worry about the Mac and Barrons' relationship, it's getting more and more awesome !!
Happy reading ;)

Jen at Red Hot Books said...

I think the Fever series may be my favorite of all time. Each one is better than the one before it!

I'm a new follower here from Goodreads. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Faefever.

Jen at Red Hot Books

Anonymous said...

I keeping hearing about this series, maybe I should check it out. Glad you enjoyed it :-)

Book Passion for Life said...

I'm really enjoying it :) I'm about to start Faefever.
Jessica

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis