Pages

Thursday 26 May 2011

A review for Faefever (Fever#3) by Karen Marie Moning

Posted by Jessica
Published Date: July 28th, 2009
Finished Date: May 26th, 2011
The Blurb: He calls me his Queen of the Night. I’d die for him. I’d kill for him, too.When MacKayla Lane receives a torn page from her dead sister’s journal, she is stunned by Alina’s desperate words. And now MacKayla knows that her sister’s killer is close. But evil is closer. And suddenly the sidhe-seer is on the hunt: For answers. For revenge. And for an ancient book of dark magic so evil, it corrupts anyone who touches it.

Mac’s quest for the Sinsar Dubh takes her into the mean, shape-shifting streets of Dublin, with a suspicious cop on her tail. Forced into a dangerous triangle of alliance with V’lane, an insatiable Fae prince of lethally erotic tastes, and Jericho Barrons, a man of primal desires and untold secrets, Mac is soon locked in a battle for her body, mind, and soul. 
As All Hallows’ Eve approaches and the city descends into chaos, as a shocking truth about the Dark Book is uncovered, not even Mac can prevent a deadly race of immortals from shattering the walls between worlds—with devastating consequences.… 

The Review: Coherent review? I bloody hope so.

I can't seem to find any words...*searches*....*searches*....nope NO words. WAIT! I've found some...:


Just finished this book before I fell asleep on the train and missed my stop. Fail.


Another epic installment of Karen Moning's Fever series. And what a book it was. I'm not really sure I can write a good review. 

What I will say is, I'm glad I have the fourth one right next to me, because that was a cliffhanger and an ending I sooooo wasn't expecting. Seriously. I can't describe how proud I am of Mac, she's come a long way since Darkfever. Lets face it, her job isn't exactly easy? And then to have to be caught in a Barrons and V'lane pissing contest (as she describes it) can't be helping matters either. But god bless Mac she takes it on the chin and perseveres through all the crap that happens to her. 

This book is split into 3 parts. Part 1 was okay, you know it got stuff said some questions were answered, then again more were raised. And before you all ask, NO I still do NOT know what Barrons actually is. Part 2 was well...intense and gritty, and dark, and sexy *cough* V'lane *cough*. Things started to get out of control in part 2, and then part 3, Christ part 3. I was sat there thinking, it's going to be fine, and then THAT happens? I mean what the hell?? I mean I wanted Mac to...you know...but not like that! And not...with...THEM! I hate cliffhangers, and I hate KMM for making me love it so much, when I should find it incredibly frustrating! 

I found myself getting mad at Barrons A LOT in this book. Just the way he is, one minute he's sweet...okay maybe not sweet, but it does feel like he cares, the next minute birthday cake is on the ceiling and he's yelling at Mac? Jeeez cool it Barrons, she was just trying lighten the mood. Having said that, I know I should hate Barrons, I know I should want bad things to happen to him, but God help me, I love the man. Too much. Yeah. Thanks for that too Karen! 

Anyway, I feel like I've been bitch slapped at that ending...BUT I can't help but love it, and is so far the best. I'm glad I'm a late comer to the series, because I have BOTH Dreamfever AND Shadowfever RIGHT HERE waiting! 

On with Dreamfever! Peace out.


8 comments:

Elodie said...

OMG, I love reading your reviews on this series. The remind me of how I felt whil reading the books ! Barrons is such a complex guy and that's why he's so irresistible !!
I know what he is :p! You'll find out soon Jessica, I swear !!
Happy reading ! Looking forward to read your review on Dreamfever (huge cliff hanger) !

Book Passion for Life said...

I love Barrons so much, but I got really mad at him in Faefever! Do I find out what he is in Dreamfever? Its killing me lol.
I've heard Dreamfever has a big cliffhanger, its lucky I managed to get Shadowfever in time. It's waiting on my shelf lol.
Jessica

Deea said...

LOL I love your review! So hilarious! And I think you actually convinced me to read this series already! Argh! I want to meet Barrons!
Oh, and I love cliffhangers when I have the next book in the series sitting right next to me! *evil laugh*
Great review!:)
xoxo

Unknown said...

Great review! I really want to read this one! Thank you for sharing your honest opinion!

Book Passion for Life said...

I really need to read this series! :) - Donna

Book Passion for Life said...

Glad you girls like the review. I had a hard time trying to put coherent words together, but it worked out in the end.
Deea-I don't mind cliffhangers if I have the next book with me, but in general I hate cliffhangers anyway...they're frustrating!
Yes Donna, you need to read this series.
Jssica

Ren said...

Seems like I must read this series. Really curious with many Fever hype, LOL!
Oh, lucky for you have both DreamFever and ShadowFever, happy reading! :D

tfalick said...

I ADORE this series! AMAZING! KMM really knows how to captivate me! ♥♥♥ great review!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis