Pages

Wednesday 18 May 2011

A review for Going too Far by Jennifer Echols

Posted by Donna
Published Date: March 19th, 2009
Finished Date: May 16th, 2011
The Blurb: HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO? All Meg has ever wanted is to get away. Away from high school. Away from her backwater town. Away from her parents who seem determined to keep her imprisoned in their dead-end lives. But one crazy evening involving a dare and forbidden railroad tracks, she goes way too far...and almost doesn't make it back. John made a choice to stay. To enforce the rules. To serve and protect. He has nothing but contempt for what he sees as childish rebellion, and he wants to teach Meg a lesson she won't soon forget. But Meg pushes him to the limit by questioning everything he learned at the police academy. And when he pushes back, demanding to know why she won't be tied down, they will drive each other to the edge -- and over....

The review: This was my first book by Jennifer Echols and I'll be honest when I say I've never really branched out into this type of genre before, but after reading Perfect Chemistry, I was left wanting more. And boy am I glad I was recommended this book.

This story follows Meg, a troubled girl dying to finish high school and move to Birmingham to get out of her small home town. To entertain herself, Meg finds herself getting into trouble, partying and drinking. One night, after a dare goes a little to far, Meg finds herself in deep trouble when she is arrested by Office After; a nineteen year old handsome cop. Her punishment for getting arrested is to spend a week with Office After on his job, but, is it really punishment when she starts to fall for him?

When I started reading this book I actually put it down for a few days to read something else, not because I was bored with it but because I had a book that I was really excited to read. BUT, I really wish I hadn't. I wasn't expecting to love this book as much as I did and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for something a little more after Perfect Chemistry.

What I enjoyed about this story was how well developed and complexed the characters were. Meg = trouble! but once you get to know her, you find out there is a reason she is like that. She's a loveable person hiding behind her past. Then there's John, well....what's not to like about him! He's amazing and it kinda makes me want a boyfriend cop. ;) He's another character that is hiding behind his past that your just dying to find out what it is. I also enjoyed the banter that takes place between him and Meg, it is enough to keep anyone entertained.

Even though this was a short novel, it was still a great read. I would love to of read this on a beach somewhere as it makes great summer reading. Overall, I loved it and I will look forward to reading more from the author.


6 comments:

Bookish Brunette said...

I've had this on my Wishlist FOREVER! I'm SO excited to actually get it and START it! LOL!

Book Passion for Life said...

I hope you enjoy it. I just started the author's other book Forget You and its a lot better. :) I'll look out for your review. Donna x

Ottilie Weber said...

I love this author too! I read Major Crush first years ago, then got Forget you a couple of months ago!! I'm hoping to pick up Going too far when I buy Love Song by her :)

Ottilie Weber said...

*Story, not song

l0raah_ said...

This one looks good too! I love that type of book

Gaby said...

This was my first  Jennifer Echols and I loved it :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis