Pages

Friday 20 May 2011

A review for Forget You by Jennifer Echols

Posted by Donna
Published Date: July 10th, 2010
Finished Date: May 18th, 2011
The Blurb: WHY CAN’T YOU CHOOSE WHAT YOU FORGET . . . AND WHAT YOU REMEMBER? There’s a lot Zoey would like to forget. Like how her father has knocked up his twenty-four- year old girlfriend. Like Zoey’s fear that the whole town will find out about her mom’s nervous breakdown. Like darkly handsome bad boy Doug taunting her at school. Feeling like her life is about to become a complete mess, Zoey fights back the only way she knows how, using her famous attention to detail to make sure she’s the perfect daughter, the perfect student, and the perfect girlfriend to ultra-popular football player Brandon. But then Zoey is in a car crash, and the next day there’s one thing she can’t remember at all—the entire night before. Did she go parking with Brandon, like she planned? And if so, why does it seem like Brandon is avoiding her? And why is Doug—of all people— suddenly acting as if something significant happened between the two of them? Zoey dimly remembers Doug pulling her from the wreck, but he keeps referring to what happened that night as if it was more, and it terrifies Zoey to admit how much is a blank to her. Controlled, meticulous Zoey is quickly losing her grip on the all-important details of her life—a life that seems strangely empty of Brandon, and strangely full of Doug.


The Review: This is my second book by author Jennifer Echols and it did not disappoint. In fact, I enjoyed this one more than than Going Too Far. 

Forgot You follows the life of 17 year old Zoey Commander. When her life starts to crumble around her, she decides she needs some change and that change is to start dating Brandon, the hottest guy in school. But after an accident on night, Zoey loses part of her memory about what really happened and soon she starts asking questions like, why is Brandon suddenly spending his time with another girl and why does the bad boy Doug think that he and Zoey are dating? As Zoey's journey leads her to find out the truth, readers will left shocked with what truly happened that night. 

This book had a little bit of everything. I was honestly put off by the the fact its only 290 plus pages but Jennifer Echols sure does know how to pack a lot of drama in those pages. It was full mystery, suspense & romance - just what I enjoy from a book. I felt the story itself was incredibly well written and beautiful at times, it makes you feel every single emotion that the characters feel and I loved it. 

The characters were also a highlight for me. I felt that theses characters were so completely alike with their parental issues that I felt they were just right for each other. Not only was Doug a hot guy but he was also a stable one who truly loves Zoey and I think that's what she needed her life. She always seems to pretend around everyone but with Doug, she can truly be who she is. Zoey as a character wasn't perfect and yes, she made some mistakes, but I'm glad that she wasn't this perfect teen. It proves that everyone can make a mistake but you can learn from it. I also really enjoyed some of the secondary characters too but what I'd really love is if there was a second novel to this book. I feel so connected to the characters that I'm sad to leave them behind, so to say the least, if there was another book - I'd buy it straight away. 

Overall, you can tell I loved this story. I have to say I'm completely hooked on this author's work, I honestly need to read more by Jennifer and I can't not wait to get started.

7 comments:

Diana said...

yes yes and yes! i agree with everything you just said! ahhh! i loved this book, so good :) havent read going to far... might have to pick that one up next!

Jules said...

I really want to read this one! Great review.

Book Passion for Life said...

I should of put in that review that I <3 Doug! Lol so awesome :)

Unknown said...

Jennifer Echols is amazing. I loved this one too! Just as much as Going Too Far. Now I can't wait for Love Story!! <3 Doug too. :D

Dea
Teen Readers' Diary

Elodie said...

I'm so glad you liked it that much !! I ordered it last week and I can't wait to receive it, this will be my firt Jennifer Echols book =) !
Thanks for the review =)

Book Passion for Life said...

Elodie, I can't wait to see what you think of it. :)

l0raah_ said...

I haven't read any of Jennifer's novels but they sound really good. Thanks for the review!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis