Pages

Sunday 29 May 2011

A review for Love Story by Jennifer Echols

Posted by Donna
Expected Published: Date: July 19th, 2011
Finished Date: May 25th, 2011
The Blurb: From popular author Jennifer Echols comes a provocative, dramatic story of teen romance, set against the bustling world of a New York City university.
>
The Review: After only being introduced to Jennifer's Echols work a few weeks ago, I was super excited to find out this was up for grabs on Galley Grab. Of course, I downloaded it straight away.
>
Love Story follows Erin who is studying at New York University to become a romance writer. When Erin has to write a story for her class, she decides to write it about a stable boy that lived on her Grandma's horse farm when she was younger....a guy who also stole her inheritance. What Erin doesn't expect is for the stable boy to transfer into her writing class and will soon realise that he is the stable boy in her sexy story. With two writers, two stories and one undeniable attraction, there are soon sparks flying all over the place. 
>
The first chapter of this book starts with a short story written by Erin the main character, but let me say this, it did not have my attention what's so ever. I just couldn't understand why it was there but I soon quickly realised that was my BIG mistake not giving it my full attention. When I finally started getting into the book I had to go and re-read it and it finally made sense. This book does follow Erin's life but during that time Jennifer also adds short stories that both Erin & Hunter have written. Both characters have managed to bring their attraction for one another into their stories which takes you on an incredible journey and it really was amazing to read. 
>
What I enjoyed most about this book was the characters. Erin & Hunter were both two strong and independent people but also so stubborn at times. Hunter for me was my favourite of course. He's sweet and caring and you really do feel how he feels about Erin. Jennifer Echols has created these characters to have this amazing talent for writing but it also shows you just how talented Jennifer really is. She's fast becoming one of my favourite authors. 
>
The only reason I didn't rate this book 5 stars was because I was left a little disappointed with the ending. The happy ending was there but I guess I was just expecting a massive reunion. I just didn't feel it was really there but maybe it was just me, I'm not sure. 
>
I really do think this is another great addition to Jennifer's work. If you haven't read her work I suggest you do, I promise you will not be disappointed. I wasn't! :) 
>
Thank you to Simon & Schuster Galley Grab for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

7 comments:

Elodie said...

I'm currently reading Forget You and it's great so far ! I really can't wait to read Love Story =) ! Thanks for the review ;)

Diana said...

great review, girly! havent read this one yet but i am very much looking forward to it! quick question; which one is ur fav?; love story or forget you?

Book Passion for Life said...

Oohh good question BUT Forget You....I love Doug! But I think Love Story is a close a second. I think its time to start listing all these hot guys! Lol - Thanks for stopping by girls! Donna x x

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

I love Jennifer Echols. She know how to write great romantic chemistry. Can't wait to read this. Awesome review :)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Wonderful review! I have this from GG as well, and I can't wait to start it! It sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

Sakira said...

This is a great review! I haven't read any of her works yet, but now I really have to!! Thanks bunches :)

Kris

Shawn Kirsten Maravel said...

I want to read this soon! I love Jennifer Echols!!! :)

Great review! Glad you liked it.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis