Pages

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#8)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Donna's Teaser Tuesday
 Unearthly by Cynthia Hand 

1) "But she gave me the perfect gift." 
"What?"
"You." 

2) Hey, you feel like driving today?" he asks. "I don't want to walk to the bus stop. It's too cold." 
"You feel like dying today?"
"Sure. I like risking my life. Keeps things in perspective." 



Jessica's Teaser Tuesday


Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning


1) "Last night you said you wanted to know what to expect so you could better select your attire. I told you we were going to visit a vampire in a Goth-den tonight. Why, then, Ms. Lane, do you look like a perky rainbow?"


2) " Can't say Countach, Ms. Lane?" With his unpleasant accent, Khun-tah came out sounding even more foreign. "Can," I said irritably. "Won't.Mom taught me better." He slanted me a sideways look. "And why is that, Ms. Lane?" "Cussing in any language is still cussing." I said primly.






What's your Teaser Tuesday? 
Leave us a comment below or link to your blog. 

9 comments:

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

mine is taken from

'The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter'

"A ball" My mother's tinkling laughter rose above the people we passed on the crowded New York street, who bustled around us on their way to home or work or other impotant places.
"They really don't know you at all, do they?"

Carina said...

I've loved Unearthly - it's such an amazing book! I hope you're enjoying it as much as I did!
Haven't heard about Darkfever yet, but the teasers definitely sound interesting!

Carina

(My teasers are from The Goddess Test and Angelfire.)

Book Passion for Life said...

Thank you both for sharing your teasers. :) Hope you enjoy your books. Donna x

Mia said...

I haven't read Unearthly but I know its a great book.I LOVE the cover of Dark Fever.Great teaser!! Heres mine-http://bookaholic5.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesday-6.html
Mia

Lesley said...

Jess I loved your Barrons teasers. He is my number one book boyfriend.

Mine is from Die for Me by Amy Plum
"His hand lay casually on his knee, and I had the strongest desire to grab it and press it to my cold face."

Bex said...

Oh, Fever. I miss that series! Will have to take time and re-read it soon!

My TT can be found here!

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

I loved unearthly I haven't tackled the fever series yet I will have to at some point.

Book Passion for Life said...

I'm really liking Darkfever so far. I'm almost done. I'm surprised I've managed to whizz through it this quickly. Thank you all for sharing your teasers too.
J

Bex said...

JESS! Guess what I bought today? Nightshade!! Feel proud!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis