Pages

Friday 20 May 2011

A review for Shimmerspell (A Faerie Girl Tale Novella #1) by Kimberly Spencer

Posted by Donna
Published Date: April 8th, 2011
Finished Date: May 20th, 2011
The Blurb: Sixteen-year-old Jensen Meadows hands out tall tales like a vending machine. After all, with a con-artist for a big sister, she knows the value of a well executed lie. But when she overhears a murder confession at school and is abandoned by her sister, Jensen learns three new things: 
Drinking Red Bull isn't the only way to get wings: The faerie realm is real, and it still hasn't gotten over King Arthur's death. 
Shimmerspell, the power to move between the mortal and faerie realms, is lost. 
And somehow, her sister is tied to it all. With the help of a few teenage light-elves, Jensen searches for the truth in a sea of lies and begins to suspect that her whole life has been the tallest tale of them all.



The review: Firstly I'd like to say thank you to the author Kimberly for giving me the opportunity to read her work. I'm so glad I got the chance to review this novella as it did really surprise me because I found I really enjoyed it. 

The story follows Jensen who a typical 16 year old high school student who has a con-artist sister. Because of her sister, they are always on the run. When Jensen meets handsome Liam at school, her sister suddenly goes back on the run leaving her behind. Jensen then starts having to rely on Liam to keep her safe because she starts seeing people with wings - including Liam. She has no idea what is going on or what it means, so this is where her journey begins. 

Even though this was a novella, don't let that put you off from reading it. Kimberly Spencer has definately got the nack for story telling and creating magical worlds in a short amount of time and I was pleasantly surprised that so much detail came out of this story. Not only were the characters well developed but the back story involving King Arthur and Lady of the Lake was a great addition too. 

The story is fast paced, full of action, mystery and of course, there's that small romance that starts which you can't help wish will turn into something so much more. A enjoyable read, one I will be recommending and one I will look forward to continuing in the future.

2 comments:

Jennifer @ The Book Nympho said...

I also had the enjoy of reading this book and it was great. I can't wait for the next one.

Book Passion for Life said...

Hey Jennifer,
It was a good read like I said it did surprise me :) Glad you enjoyed it too - Donna

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis