Pages

Sunday 15 May 2011

A review for Wildcat Fireflies (Fenestra #2) by Amber Kizer

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: July 12th, 2011
Finished Date: May 9th, 2011
The Blurb: Meridian Sozu is a Fenestra—the half-human, half-angel link between the living and the dead. She has the dark responsibility of helping souls transition safely into the afterlife. If people die without the help of a Fenestra, their souls are left vulnerable to be stolen by the Aternocti, a dark band of forces who disrupt the balance of good and evil in the world and cause chaos.
Having recently lost her beloved Auntie—the woman who showed her what it meant to be a Fenestra—Meridian has hit the road with Tens, her love and sworn protector, in hopes of finding another Fenestra. Their search leads them to Indiana, where Juliet, a responsible and loving teenager, works tirelessly in the nursing home where she and several other foster kids are housed. Surrounded by death, Juliet struggles to make a loving home for the younger kids, and to protect them from the violent whims of their foster mother. But she is struggling against forces she can't understand . . . and even as she feels a pull toward the dying, their sickness seems to infect her, weighing her down. . . .Will Meri and Tens find Juliet in time to save her from a life of misery and illness? And will Meri and Tens' own romance weather the storms of new discoveries?



The Review: I start this review I'd like to thank Amber Kizer for giving me this amazing opportunity to read Wildcat Fireflies. I fell in love with this series after reading Meridian so I was completely over the moon to review this. 

Wildcat Fireflies is the second book in the Fenestra Series and it continues where Meridian ends. Meridian has newly found out that she is a Fenestra; a half angel who helps soul's transition into the afterlife using her as a window to get there. After the events in book one, Auntie is dead so Meridian & Tens hit the road to try and seek out another Fenestra and protectors to help them fight the evil Afternocti. Although along the way they are trying to learn about themselves and their abilities, they also don't know who to trust as the Afternocti can be anywhere. 

When they come across Indiana, there are a number of people that come there aid and help track down a Fenestra named Juliet. Juliet is living in a nursing home, where people all around her are dying, that she is starting to feel the weight of their deaths. Unknown to Juliet what's going on, she also needs to worry about keeping out of her evil boss's way. Is there more to her boss than meets the eye? and will Meridian and Tens reach Juliet before its to late? 

It was so great to be back with these characters. I love Meridian and Tens; both strong minded characters. I personally enjoyed Meridian a lot more in this book. What thing I loved was that Amber about Meridian's feelings in a way that is so realistic for a seventeen year old. Her struggles with losing her Auntie and her family but mainly her feelings for Tens. Her insecurities about their relationship, sex and herself. Even through this journey, Meridian came across as not a whiny characters but to me a realistic one. Because any unexperienced girl of her age would be the same. I really enjoyed that we got to see Meridian and Tens trying to take there relationship to the next level, which will apply to the older audience. I think there relationship is going in the right direction and I will look forward to seeing more of them. 

The story itself was full of hope and love, that gave me every emotion possible while reading a book. It was also full of suspense, romance & mystery. The different POV's from Meridian to Juliet were great, both leading to different lives but coming together at the end. Juliet was a great addition too, although I did feel to start with that her parts took me away from Meridian & Tens, when I started to get to know Juliet, I ended up really liking her. Not only was there Juliet but Bodie & Sema were great too -  I really hope we see more for of them. What I was glad for was we had the adults stepping in for guidance's, after Auntie died I was worried Meridian & Tens would loose there way but with strong father figure character like Tony & Rumi, I don't think its possible. 

Through out the story you realise there is a bigger plan for the next few books. The evil Afternocti are only just beginning to surface and I think we will be in for a lot more shockers from them yet. I just pray that Meridian & Tens find more Fenestras but I'd also like to see a few more Protector's pop up in the story.

 Overall, I loved it. I'm a little upset that I have to wait so long for the next one which is 2012 .....but Ms Kizer, you did a fantastic job! Congrats :) 

4 comments:

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

I was really looking forward to reading thi, but after reading your review i'm so exited about getting it.
Another excellent review Donna which makes me wish this was available right now :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks Lindsey :) It was really good. I hope you enjoy it as much as me. Donna

Evie A. said...

I loved Meridian, so I can't wait to read this one. July can't get here fast enough, lol.

Lalaine said...

Ive already preordered this book. your so lucky. but I cant wait to get a hold of my own copy yayy!

Im a new follower, care to follow mine?
LALAINE'S FICBOOKREVIEWS
thanks x

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis