Pages

Wednesday 11 May 2011

US vs UK (#5)



Welcome to Book Passion for Life's fifth US vs UK book cover battle. We've seen this posted on a few other blogs, and thought we'd jump on the band wagon! 

Slight change in day now, we realised we don't normally have anything to post on a Wednesday, so instead of posting US vs UK on a Friday after 'Follow my Book blog' we decided to change it to a Wednesday instead. Also as Donna is still sick, it will just be me giving my opinion on the book covers.


The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 5

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

 vs 

Jess says: Oooooo now this is a series I still haven't read but I've heard its amazing. Anyway back to the covers....Ooooooh this is sooo hard! I love them both! I love the colour on the US cover its just so vibrant and mystical. I find myself leaning towards the UK cover though. I love the US covers, but the UK cover is just screaming "Look at me!". I love that both countries have kept the red theme in their covers also. So this goes to the UK for me. 

Which do you prefer?
_________________

Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) by Richelle Mead

 vs 

Jess says: Okay, this is one of most favourite vampire series. Okay I lie, its my FAVOURITE vampire series. I thought this might have been a hard one to choose between, but you know what? Its not. I'm giving this one to the US. Just because it just grabs me more, it makes me want to pick it up. Not forgetting the hot guy on the front who I can only assume is Adrian *sigh* and we love Adrian (he's no Dimka) but he's still amazing. Anyway back to the cover, enough distraction! I like the font better on the US cover as well. Anyway this goes to the US for me. 

Which do you prefer?
_________________


Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to....Neither! Its a draw. 

Tune in next week for more :) 


3 comments:

Books for Company said...

l agree with both your choices Jess! =)

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks Jodie. They were pretty easy choices this time :)

Unknown said...

I agree with your choices as well, although My Soul to Take is a hard choice they were both so good!

Suz

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis