Pages

Friday 27 May 2011

A review for Dark Heart Rising (Dark Heart Forever #2) by Lee Monroe


Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: June 2nd, 2011
Finished Date: May 22nd, 2011
The Blurb: Jane and Luca's story continues ...but not quite as they had planned. When challenges and threats from the immortal world of Nissilum rip the young lovers apart, Jane is bereft. Without Luca's dancing green eyes, and gentle smile, Jane feels lost, sad and alone. But then a trip to Paris with her grandmother thrusts her in the path of the amiable Soren - a kindred spirit who may be just the distraction she needs ...Meanwhile in Nissilum, Luca struggles with the loyalties and expectations that come with being a part of the immortal world. A world that is about to be shaken at its very core: rumblings of mounting unrest are spreading, and with rumours of an angel rebellion growing no creature is safe -- especially not a mortal girl who has fallen in love with a wolf boy.
>
** Possible Spoilers**
>
The Review: After saying I wouldn't rush out and buy this book because the first book Dark Heart Forever was....just okay, I still ended up and rushing out to buy it when I found out it had been released early in one of out local supermarkets.
>
Dark Heart Rising starts a few months after the end in book one. Alot has changed between Jane and Luca, for one, they've broken up and he's engaged to marry someone else. While Jane is left reeling over her broken heart, she tries to move on and forget about Luca. While in Paris visiting her grandmother she meets a boy named Soren who offers to help her get Luca back. While they take on their journey, Jane realises that there is more to Soren than meets the eye and his is hiding a deadly secret, once that could put the whole of Nissilum in danger including Luca. 
>
It was pretty easy to slip back into Jane's worlds after the events of book one. I found this time around, I was better connected to the characters and that I enjoyed them that much more. I was really interested to find out what had happened between them and although I was a little disappointed that they had broken up, I also found it a necessary story line that makes you really see what the world of Nissilum is really like. Hiding secrets around every corners and taking away people's free is only some of the things that happen there and I was glad that we got a peak into that. A few new characters were introduced into the story too like Soren and overall, I think he was a great addition. I also really loved that we got to see more of Vandra, and that we got to see a completely different side of her that was portrated into book one. This one I much preferred.
<
The story itself was easy following with unpredictable twists to the story and also a few predictable ones but they kept me interested until the very end. I noticed there were quiet a few typo's in book to but hey, not everyone is perfect. The only major problem I had with the book was Luca. I completely understand he was was trying to please his parents and follow the rules of Nissilum but my god, I have never wanted to shake a character so much in my life than I did with him. He was just so frustrating for pretty much the entire book. He spent all his time moody, cold and so sad by trying to ignore Jane that he was just willing to over look his and Jane's happiness. In the end, he did redeem himself but I really hope that Luca doesn't come back. 
>
Overall, I did enjoy this book more than book and I will look forward to reading more about Jane and Luca's story.

2 comments:

Nicci @ Paper Dreams said...

This cover is gorgeous! <3 And the series sounds intriguing, thanks for the review.

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

Excellent review- like you I thought book 1 was only ok, but I still really want to read this one :-)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis