Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#11)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
Jess's WoW
Venom (Secrets of the Eternal Rose #1) 
by Fiona Paul
Release date: October 3rd, 2012


Cassandra Caravello is one of Renaissance Venice’s lucky elite: with elegant gowns, sparkling jewels, her own lady’s maid, and a wealthy fiancé, she has everything a girl could desire. Yet ever since her parents’ death, Cassandra has felt trapped, alone in a city of water, where the dark and labyrinthine canals whisper of escape.

When Cass stumbles upon a murdered woman—practically in her own backyard—she’s drawn into a dangerous world of courtesans, killers, and secret societies. Soon, she finds herself falling for Falco, a mysterious artist with a mischievous grin... and a spectacular skill for trouble. Can Cassandra find the murderer, before he finds her? And will she stay true to her fiancé, or succumb to her uncontrollable feelings for Falco?

Beauty, love, romance, and mystery weave together in a stunning novel that’s as seductive and surprising as the city of Venice itself.


Donna's WoW
My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick
Release date: June 14th, 2012


"One thing my mother never knew, and would disapprove of most of all, was that I watched the Garretts. All the time."

The Garretts are everything the Reeds are not. Loud, numerous, messy, affectionate. And every day from her balcony perch, seventeen-year-old Samantha Reed wishes she was one of them… until one summer evening Jase Garrett climbs her trellis and changes everything. As the two fall fiercely in love and stumble through the awkwardness and awesomeness of first romance, Jase's family makes Samantha one of their own - even as she keeps him a secret from her disapproving mother and critical best friend. Then the unthinkable happens, and the bottom drops out of Samantha's world. She's suddenly faced with an impossible decision. Which perfect family will save her? Or is it time she saved herself?

A debut novel about family, friendship, first romance, and how to be true to one person you love without betraying another

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 

Happy Reading!


19 comments:

Passionate Bookworm said...

Venom sounds amazing! Renaissance fiction is something I haven't read much of! - putting on TBR now!

here is mine! : http://thepassionatebookworm.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Patricia said...

All I can say about these two books is: YES PLEASE! I want them! :D

Patricia // My WOW

Ashley @ Ashley Loves Books said...

AHHH so much YES to both these picks! Venom sounds so mysterious, and I already love historical fiction; making this in Renaissance (my favourite time period) Venice (one of my favourite cities) is just icing on the cake. I need it NOW. And as for My Life Next Door, I keep hearing such great things and know it'll be a phenomenal contemporary.

Great picks!
My WoW | Giveaway

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Fab choice girls! :D
I've seen Venom a lot lately, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading My Life Next Door!
(PS. that cover is just gorgeous <3)

My WoW

Vicky
Books, Biscuits, and Tea

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Great choices! Both books sound amazing, especially Venom - I can't wait to read that! :)

Carly said...

Great choices :) I am waiting on Venom too. Loving the covers.

My WOW: http://fictionfascination.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-16.html

Carly :)

TheBookSlayer said...

Venom sounds amazing! I normally don't weird older-period novels but the plot sounds so juicy. Thanks for sharing :)

My WoW

Cathy De Los Santos said...

I always love boy next door books, I've always wanted that to happen lol. Great Great Picks. Both of them. Here's my WoW
Thanks,
Cathy @ Addicted to Books
Check out my Giveaway

joyh82 said...

great pics ladies.. have a Happy Easter!

Unknown said...

I seen venom on another blog too :) Sounds good!! thanks for sharing all your great picks!


You can find my WoW Here

@MelissaJoLynn_ said...

I saw someone else had My Life Next Door as their WOW. I can't wait to read that one! I haven't heard of Venom, but it sounds interesting. My Waiting On Wednesday

Unknown said...

hi there I love your site! I’m a new follower!
Check out my WOW

http://paperbookprincess.blogspot.ca/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-black-dawn-by.html

TP said...

Love the cover for Venom more but they both sound awesome.

Tanya
Girlxoxo.com

Victoria Scott said...

Eek! VENOM looks SO good! Me want!

Reve @ YA Books said...

I'm loving Venom, and I'm super glad to see more and more Renaissance YA books. Great pick!

My WoW + Giveaway

Sarah said...

New follower, I really want both of these books they both sound really good and I love the covers, great picks, my wow

http://www.headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Elodie said...

Great picks ;)!!
The cover for Venom looks gorgeous !! Both books sound awesome !!

Carina said...

Awesome picks, ladies! I'm dying to read both of these - they sound so amazing. :)

Carina

Dani Cotton said...

They both sound SO good!
I've added both of them to my wishlist now, haha!

You two are so bad for my to-read pile ;)

Dani
Pen to Paper

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis