Pages

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Author Interview with Aimee Carter


Aimee Carter
Today we have the amazing Aimee Carter on the blog. She is the author of The Goddess Test, The Goddess Hunt, Goddess Interrupted and her final book Goddess Inheritance will be released next year. She's here today to answer a few of our questions.
<
1) Hi Aimee, Can you tell me why you decided to write about Greek Mythology? 
I’ve been a huge fan of Greek Mythology since I first learned how to read. It was never really a conscious decision to write specifically about mythology – rather, I had an idea about a girl making a deal with Hades, and it all snowballed from there.

2) Do you get emotionally attached to the characters when writing?
Definitely, though not enough to go easy on them! I figure if I don’t like them much, the reader won’t either, so there has to be some kind of emotional connection for me there, even if they aren’t positive emotions.

3) Which character do you think grows the most in Goddess Interrupted? 
Kate, for sure. She’s thousands of years younger than just about every character in the book, and she still has a lot to figure out. Who she is, what she wants, what she’s willing to sacrifice to get it, etc.  By the end of it, she isn’t quite all the way there, but that’s what the third book (The Goddess Inheritance) is for.

4) Was it a hard decision to bring Persephone back or had you planned it all along?
It was a natural progression in the story for me. Henry is still in love with her, and it was a complication that had to be addressed sooner rather than later. Not just for Henry’s sake, but for Kate’s as well. And, in a way, Persephone’s.

5) Who's you're favourite Greek God?
I don’t really have a favourite, so to say, but I always did like Iris and Athena quite a lot. Hades would round out my top three.

Awesome answers Aimee and thank you so much for joining us today! 

If you want more details on Aimee's work click on the bookcovers below to be taken to Goodreads and don't forgot we are giving away a copy of Goddess Interrupted to one lucky UK/IRE/EU person. Click HERE to enter.
The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) The Goddess Hunt (Goddess Test, #1.5) Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2) 

10 comments:

Harleybearbookblog said...

I've been wanting to read this series forever.  I have so many other books to read first, but this is definitely next once I get through the pile on my desk lol.  Great interview!

Evie Seo said...

Aimee is the sweetest, most adorable person ever and I love her :) Great interview!!! 

Carly @ Fiction Fascination said...

What a great interview guys, thanks for sharing. :)

JJ iReads said...

Great interview. I think that if I had to pick a favorite Greek God(dess), it would be Athena. 

Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea said...

Great interview! :) Athena is my favourite as well! Can't wait to read this series.

Elodie RASO said...

YAY great interview :) !! I can't wait to read this series .. I love Athena and Hades too  =) !

Becki @ TheFlutterbyRoom said...

Brilliant interview, I really enjoyed reading it.

Paige said...

I haven't read The Goddess Test yet but I want to so bad! Love the interview =)

~Paige @ Comfort Books
http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/

yanmaneee said...

supreme new york
zx flux
coach outlet online
golden goose sneakers
adidas yeezy
retro jordans
birkin bag
yeezy boost
yeezy 500
kyrie 6

Anonymous said...

My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis