Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

A Review for Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L.Armentrout

Onyx (Lux, #2)Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: August 14th, 2012
Finished Date: April 8th, 2012
Publishers: Entangled Publishing
Source: ARC, For Review, Won
Format: e-Galley 
Pages: 416
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Being connected to Daemon Black sucks… Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarre connection. I’ve sworn him off even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But against all common sense, I’m falling for him. Hard. Our relationship issues aren’t out biggest problem… The Department of Defense is here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we’re linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And when a new boy shows up a school with a secret of his own, things get complicated fast. I need to choose between my own instincts and Daemon’s. But then everything changes… I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. Daemon’s never going to stop searching until gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me? No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies.
<
The Review: Oh, holy alien babies everywhere......this book is AMAZING! 
<
I'm running out of ways to tell you how amazing this author’s work really is because Onyx really does not disappoint. It’s thrilling, heart-pounding and just as explosive as Obsidian - if not even better and it will leave you wanting more and more!  

Onyx starts pretty much where Obsidian finishes. Katy is trying to move on with her life but it’s hard when she has Daemon Black trying to win her over at every turn. Katy is convinced that Daemon is only interested in her because of the connection they now share, so when new boy Blake turns up - showing his interest in Katy, she is happy with the attention she is getting from him but, can she really forget her feelings for Daemon?

Not only does Katy have to deal with boy drama but she also has to deal with the consequences from Daemon healing her and they are truly life changing for her. Struggling to deal, Katy tries to solve things on her own but is she only making things worse? And can she really protect the ones she loves? 
<
Yes, it's safe to say I have fallen in love with another book by this author and she really does know how deliver a fantastic storyline that keeps you sitting on the edge of seat from excitement. It's action packed all the way through, with enough descriptions to make you really feel like your with the characters and this book is seriously HOT! The temperature goes up a whole new level and the scenes between Daemon and Katy do not disappointment. 
<
The characters this time around grow so much. Katy becomes a lot stronger, even though she is still her funny and witty self, the changes that happen to her force her to become someone stronger. She trains hard and really tried her best to become Daemon's equal. Even though they aren't the perfect couple, Daemon really tries his hardest to win Katy over. You see a side of him that you have never seen before and it will seriously leave you girls wishing you had you're very own Daemon Black. He's even more swoon-worthy and totally steals the show. 
<
All in all, Onyx is a fantastic sequel and the author has done a fantastic job by adding the right amount of excitement, romance and suspense to the story, and of course I can't forget to mention one VERY shocking part of the story that will leave you breathless. Jennifer has definitely raised the bar for Opal which will be released in December 2012 and I seriously cannot wait. 
<
A huge thank you to Entangled Publishing for giving me the opportunity to review this book

18 comments:

The Shadow Realm said...

I am dying to read this book!! Loved Obsidian! I need more Daemon Black! :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Oh I definitely wish I had my own Daemon Black. Don't we all? ;) Awesome review, Donna! I loved how much Katy grew in this book too and you're right when you say she brings herself up as Daemon's equal. I loved that and can't wait to read more about them in Opal! :)

Elodie said...

I'm really glad you enjoyed this one Donna :) ! I have the first book in the series on my shelves and I can't wait to start reading it but I'm waiting for the releasing date to get closer because I'm sure I'll love Obsidian :) !
I'm currently reading Half-Blood and loving it so far ..
F

Dazzling Mage said...

This is the second review I read about this series, and I so want to get my hands on it now! Who would have thought I'd be pining after an alien book?

Great review.

Jasprit said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jasprit said...

Wonderful review Donna, I was seriously in two minds about picking this up, but after yours and Sam's review I actually can't wait to read it! :)

Celine said...

AAAA, why haven't I read Obsidian? Your review of Onyx definitely convinced me that I should read Obsidian before Onyx comes out!

Awesome review, Donna! ♥ So glad you enjoyed it! :)

Dani Cotton said...

I still need to read the first in this series (like I need to read so many other books)!
I have it on my Kindle from Netgalley, but still haven't gotten around to it.

Soon! Very, very soon!

Great review :)

Dani xx
Pen to Paper

Wee Shubba said...

I need to read book 1. Thinking of preordering the new covers.

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

WANT! Love your review :)


Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks guy! This series is amazing so if you haven't read it...READ IT!!! Donna xoxo

Unknown said...

Hello Jessica,

AAH, I still have to start this series, but I got no time,.. but everybody seems to love it.
By the way - you were nominated for the 'sunshine blog award'. Take a look and get your award!
http://martinabookaholic.wordpress.com/2012/04/12/the-sunshine-blog-award/

Greetings Tina

Lesley said...

I think you've convinced me to give this a go Donna, I thought the first book was okish so I wasn't desperate to read the second book. I think I am now!

Tasnim said...

Love the review, you're so lucky to have read this! Is it August yet?!

Alyssa Susanna said...

OMG! Is it August yet!?!?!?! I preordered this one, cant wait to read it. Thanks for the great review!!! <3

Brent Morris said...

great review

Calwen said...

I love this review Donna! Definitely one of the best books I read this year

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis