Pages

Monday 23 April 2012

US vs UK (#44)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 44th US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 44

The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda

The Hunt (The Hunt, #1)VS  The Hunt

Jess says: Oooh interesting covers. I really like both of these covers. Argh this is quite hard. I can't choose so I pick both!


Donna says:  I have to say I prefer the US cover. Even though I do think the guy is pretty okay looking, the UK one catches my eye a lot more. I love how it looks like the page is ripping too =)


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) VS  The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)

Jess says: Rah! This is on my wishlist!! I love both these covers, but I definitely think the US one suits the story more, with the Isabel caught between two boys who are stating to notice her. So yeah, I pick the US.


Donna says:  Ahhh I have to disagree with Jess and say I prefer the UK cover. Although I do see Jess's point but I think the UK cover stands out so much more, it makes me want to pick up the book but the cover is so bright and fun. UK for me. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.......US with 2.5 votes! 

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :)

14 comments:

Cass said...

This week I shall say BOO TO FACES!

Which means for me, The Hunt (US) and Summer (UK). Also, for the Summer series, I LOVE that they bring out different summer/beachy colours. Gorgeous. :)

Celine said...

I vote for The Hunt (US) and The Summer I turned Pretty (US). I really agree with Jess' thoughts on the US cover of The Summer I turned Pretty! I actually like the girl and the 2 boys in the cover! :D

Erin W. said...

I love all of the covers but for The Hunt I love the US much more and for The Summer I Turned Pretty it's all the way US! I mean, I love the UK cover for Summer because it reminds me of Sarah Dessen's new covers but . . . the US always wins for me.

Jasprit said...

Oooh great picks this week! I have been wanting to read The Hunt for ages, I think I prefer The U.S cover a lot more, the font just stands out a lot more.

Jess why have you not read this series yet? It is awesome! Sorry Donna I have to agree with Jess on this one, The U.S cover is gorgeous and plus when you have all three books in U.S versions (like I do) you tend to be a little biased! :)

Emily Blake said...

The US on both of them. The others are ugly, to be honest.

~Emily@Emily's Crammed Bookshelf

Janie said...

I like US for both (which is rare). I think The Hunt cover just looks so much more mysterious and thriller-esque and the bottom one...the UK book looks kind of childish.

Wee Shubba said...

The hunt: US, I do like UK cause well hunky man but the US is more appealing!

The summer I turned pretty: now I loved both. I like how US fits with the story but they UK is super pretty and cute.

Carina Olsen said...

US for both :D Love the US cover of The Hunt. <3

Klaudia said...

US for "The Hunt"
UK for "The Summer I Turned Pretty"

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

For The Hunt, I much prefer the US cover but for The Summer I turned Pretty, none of them would really appeal to me.

Bex said...

I think I have to go with US for both of them! I definitely don't dislike the UK edition, but there's just that little extra capturing me in the US one! Especially with The Hunt and the ripping page, as you mentioned Donna:)

Elodie said...

I love the US cover for The Hunt :) !! I have the US covers for the whole Summer series and I really like them but I also think the UK covers are really pretty :) !!

Carly said...

I like them all :) but I think I like the US for both better this week. Thanks for sharing :)

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis