Pages

Sunday 8 April 2012

A Review for Junk Miles (Brenna Blixen #2) by Liz Reinhardt


Posted by Jess
Published Date: November 17th, 2011
Finished Date: April 4th, 2012
Publishers: Self-Published
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown

The Blurb from Goodreads: Kissing someone other than your boyfriend is cheating. 

But what about thinking about kissing someone other than your boyfriend?

What about thinking about it a lot?

Brenna Blixen has the perfect boyfriend. He's sweet, sexy, loyal, and sure that Brenna is the best thing that's ever happened to him. But being the perfect girlfriend isn't as easy as Brenna thought it would be, and the pressure that comes with trying to be Jake's everything is beginning to weigh on her. When her mother surprises her with a trip to Paris over winter break, she's torn. She anticipated spending her vacation snuggling with Jake Kelly, ice-skating, drinking cocoa, and relaxing...but what girl in her right mind would turn down a trip to Paris?

Things only get more confusing when she winds up unexpectedly and unavoidably thrown into Saxon Maclean's arms in the City of Lights. Far away from the comfort and stability she finds at Jake's side, Brenna faces down the feelings that have been swirling through her since the day she laid eyes on Saxon. Is it fair for her to call herself Jake's girlfriend when she has so many unresolved feelings about someone else?

Brenna is determined to figure it all out, even if it means making some of the hardest decisions of her entire life. She also learns that every single thing she does has rippling repercussions, some that fill her with total regret. By the time she figures out what her heart truly wants, she realizes that she may not be able to have it after all. 

The Review: Going to keep this review nice and short. 


Junk Miles was definitely worth the wait. I completely adored the first one (Double Clutch). I'd heard a few mixed things, and some people were even angry with Brenna in this one. The way she dealt with certain situations probably wasn't the best way to do it, but I understand her confusion. Jake is the right one for her, the safe one, but Saxon is the dangerous and irresistible one. So what would you do if you were away from the guy you thought was right for you, and start spending time in Paris with the wrong one? 


Everything that I loved from the first book, returned in this one, including a much stronger and more independent Brenna. I could feel for Brenna in this one. When I read Double Clutch I couldn't settle on one team. I normally can during a triangle, but this was very hard. I thought during Junk Miles I would settle, but I couldn't. I was so confused. Knowing Jake, is perfect for her, but wanting to be with Saxon as well. It's an extremely difficult thing for a 16 year old to go through. And Liz Reinhardt managed to write it so well. During this one and Double Clutch I was officially Team Switzerland, very much on the fence between the whole Jake and Saxon fiasco. 


I really enjoyed this one, and I didn't find it slow paced or sluggish. There were times I wanted to scream into a pillow, or just cry my eyes out. After I finished Junk Miles, I immediately picked up Slow Twitch, and only when I finish that will I have settled on a team. I'm sure of it.


Note: This book involves a lot of teen sexy time. So I only recommend it to the older YA majority. (16+)


2 comments:

Wee Shubba said...

Really need to start this series!!!

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis