Pages

Tuesday 10 April 2012

Dusty Reads (#13)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Darkside
by Beth Fantaskey


The undead can really screw up your senior year ...

Marrying a vampire definitely doesn’t fit into Jessica Packwood’s senior year “get-a-life” plan. But then a bizarre (and incredibly hot) new exchange student named Lucius Vladescu shows up, claiming that Jessica is a Romanian vampire princess by birth—and he’s her long-lost fiancé. Armed with newfound confidence and a copy of Growing Up Undead: A Teen Vampire’s Guide to Dating, Health, and Emotions, Jessica makes a dramatic transition from average American teenager to glam European vampire princess. But when a devious cheerleader sets her sights on Lucius, Jess finds herself fighting to win back her wayward prince, stop a global vampire war—and save Lucius’s soul from eternal destruction.



Jess's thoughts: This book was a gift to myself lol. I bought it last year, because I'd heard good things about it, and it attracted me because 1. It's about vampires. And 2. The heroine is called Jessica. And I still haven't read a book about a heroine called Jessica lol. I hope to get to it this year, knowing that book 2 is already released. Fingers crossed.


Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1)
 Donna's Dusty Read


Anna Dressed in Blood
by Kendare Blake


Just your average boy-meets-girl, girl-kills-people story... 


Cas Lowood has inherited an unusual vocation: He kills the dead. 


So did his father before him, until his gruesome murder by a ghost he sought to kill. Now, armed with his father’s mysterious and deadly athame, Cas travels the country with his kitchen-witch mother and their spirit-sniffing cat. Together they follow legends and local lore, trying to keep up with the murderous dead—keeping pesky things like the future and friends at bay. 


When they arrive in a new town in search of a ghost the locals call Anna Dressed in Blood, Cas doesn’t expect anything outside of the ordinary: move, hunt, kill. What he finds instead is a girl entangled in curses and rage, a ghost like he’s never faced before. She still wears the dress she wore on the day of her brutal murder in 1958: once white, but now stained red and dripping blood. Since her death, Anna has killed any and every person who has dared to step into the deserted Victorian she used to call home. 


And she, for whatever reason, spares his life.


Donna's thoughts:  Why haven't I read this yet? My awesome BBF Haley from Ya-Aholic bought me this book and it's still sitting on my shelf unread and I've heard so many amazing things about it. I do want to try and read it this year!

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

13 comments:

Elisa said...

Both of them are in my wishlist, especially I really want to read Anna Dressed In Blood, looks creeptastic!
Can't wait to read what you think about those :)

Giselle said...

Ooh I really want to read the JEssica series it sounds great. Anna was awesome I really liked it you should read it soon! :D

Carina said...

Hun, why haven't you read Anna yet?! This is awesome... I'm dying to get my hands on book two, so you should at least read book one soon. :D

Also really need to read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side sometime soon as I've heard really good things about these books. :)

Hope you'll get to these as soon as possible!

Carina

Read Write Reviews said...

I can't wait to read both of these. Both sound brilliant.Good choices there!

Ning said...

They both sounds great, but personally I can't wait to read Anna Dressed in Blood.

Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

Aleksandra said...

I want to read both of these. I can't wait to receive my copy of Anna so I can finally read it :) Hopefully I'll get it in time for the Spring into Horror Read-a-Thon ;)

Angie said...

I own both of these and still haven't read them either! I do plan on picking up Anna Dressed in Blood fairly soon though. :)

Angie @ Pinkindle Reads & Reviews

Elodie said...

I read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side four years ago in French and absolutely loved it .. I still haven't read book 2 because I've heard it was a bit disappointing .. but I look forward to read it though. :). You definitely should read this book Jess, it's a fun read and I love the love story between Jessica and Lucius.

I haven't read Anna Dressed in Blood either but I really look forward to know what you think of this one Donna :)!Thank you so much for all your great comments on my blog !!

speculatef said...

Anna Dressed in Blood is also on my wish-list! I hope you both get around to reading your books soon :-)

Happy reading,
Shaheen @ Speculating on SpecFic
My Dusty Reads

speculatef said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Jess you NEED to read Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side!! It is so good! (:


HA omg Donna, we have gotten each other WAY too many books, I don't even remember getting you Anna Dressed in Blood! lol (: Hope you enjoy it, I have that one getting dusty on my shelf also(:

Carina Olsen said...

Donna! You NEED to read Anna Dressed in Blood. <3 It is so so so amazing. A really must read book :) Hope you'll get to read it soon ;D
And Jess; that book does sound sort of awesome :D I hope you'll enjoy it :)
Love, Carina

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis