Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

Dusty Reads (#14)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Wicked Lovely
by Melissa Marr

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries. Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty—especially if they learn of her Sight—and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries. Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention. But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost—regardless of her plans or desires. Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything. Faerie intrigue, mortal love, and the clash of ancient rules and modern expectations swirl together in Melissa Marr's stunning 21 st century faery tale.

Jess's thoughts: Yep, this was a RAK and it's been on my shelf for ages. I'm not sure why I haven't picked it up yet. I love Fae stories and I've heard good things about this series, on and off. Some of them are good some not so good. Hopefully I'll get around to reading it soon. I have book 2 as well so I won't need to wait a long time. I love these covers as well, they are just gorgeous.

Bad Taste in Boys

 Donna's Dusty Read

Bad Taste in Boys
by Carrie Harris 


Someone's been a very bad zombie.
Kate Grable is horrified to find out that the football coach has given the team steroids. Worse yet, the steriods are having an unexpected effect, turning hot gridiron hunks into mindless flesh-eating zombies. No one is safe--not her cute crush Aaron, not her dorky brother, Jonah . . . not even Kate! She's got to find an antidote--before her entire high school ends up eating each other. So Kate, her best girlfriend, Rocky, and Aaron stage a frantic battle to save their town  . . . and stay hormonally human.

Donna's thoughts:  So, Zombies! I have to admit I've been wanting to read this book for a while but I'm still put off because it's about Zombies. I just haven't been able to find a Zombie book that has blown my away so I'm hoping this may be the one because, I really want to love them. 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

15 comments:

Dani Cotton said...

Wicked Lovely is one of my dusty reads as well!
I seriously need to try and get that one read soon!

And I've never heard of Bad Taste in Boys, but it looks really good!
Another for the wishlist.

You two are really bad for my to-read pile :P

Dani xx
Pen to Paper

Jasprit said...

I have both of these books sitting on my shelf too! I love the cover to Bad taste in boys, I really hope this zombie book works out for you Donna! Happy reading! x

Read Write Reviews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Read Write Reviews said...

I Loved Wicked. I can't wait to read Bad Taste in Boys, it looks rather good.

Dusty Reads

Dalene @ A Date with a Book said...

I have to admit Wicked Lovely is on my dusty shelf too. Really need to get going. I hear great things about the series.

Carly said...

Wicked Lovely is one of my all time favourite series. I hope you get round to reading it soon Jess :)

I actually haven't heard of Bad Taste in Boys before Donna, but it sounds interesting, I love zombies. I hope you enjoy it when you get round to reading it. (love the cover too) -Carly :)

Tipsy Misty said...

Read wicked lovely! I love it!
Haven't read bad taste in boys though, looks good :)

Elodie said...

I love faeries but I'm not a fan of the Wicked Lovely book series, I've only read the first two books though and I know a lot of people loved this book and I'm hoping you'll one of them Jess !!
I think I've never read a zombie book but I really want to though :) !!I'm hoping you'll read this one soon Donna because I definitely want your opinion on this one !!
Happy reading girls !!

Carina Olsen said...

Great picks :D Wouldn't be books for me, I think. But they do seem great :) And I hope you'll both get to read them soon ;D <3

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

Both of these books are quick, fun reads. I hope you both enjoy reading them!

Mel@Thedailyprophecy said...

Great picks! They are both on my list too :)

yanmaneee said...

michael kors outlet online
kyrie shoes
jordan shoes
golden goose outlet
nike react
converse outlet
jordan shoes
supreme clothing
nike vapormax
golden goose

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

Darren Demers said...

I have both of these books sitting on my shelf too! I love the cover to Bad taste in boys, I really hope this zombie book works out for you Donna! Happy reading! x
sewing factory near me
stitching factory near me

Unknown said...

essentiels Chloe Dolabuy regardez ce site Web sacs de répliques en ligne lien important sacs répliques de bonne qualité

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis