Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

US vs UK (#43)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 43rd US vs UK book cover battle. 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 43

Shattered Dreams by Ellie James

Shattered Dreams (Midnight Dragonfly, #1)VS  Shattered Dreams

Jess says: Both of these are beautiful. I really like them. But if I was buying based on the cover alone, I'd pick the UK. It's just far more intriguing and really gets your eye.


Donna says:  This is a tough one for me because I really like both and I'd be happy with either of them on the shelf BUT the UK has so much more detail and the colours and everything...I really like it so UK! 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Graveminder by Melissa Marr

Graveminder VS  Graveminder. by Melissa Marr

Jess says: This is really hard. I really like both of them. I haven't heard of this book, but I heard Melissa is a good writer and I've yet to read anything by her. But again, if I was going on covers alone, I'd pick the US. I like everything about it.


Donna says:  I don't really know what the UK publishers were thinking with there cover because compared to the US it's really plain and boring...so I think. I really like the US cover. I love the poppies on the edge of the book and I love the colours they've used for the background. So US for me. 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list:


Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!! =) 
__________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.......Draw 2 each!

Come back next week for more US vs UK! :)

16 comments:

Celine said...

For Shattered Dreams, I'll vote for the US one! I like the purple colours and theme of the cover!

For Graveminder, I'll vote for the UK cover because I like the font of the title. It's simple but gorgeous!

AWESOME Post, Donna & Jess! <3

Wee Shubba said...

I prefer the UK one for Shattered Dream, but I'm pretty sure they have changed the cover again. And for graveminder I do like the UK cover but prefer that US paperback edition.

T said...

For Shattered Dreams, I'm definitely a fan of the UK one.

For Grave Minder, I'm not really sure - I think I actually like the UK one again, but that's probably because I'm normally a fan of text-based covers.

Erin W. said...

For Shattered Dreams, I definitely love the US cover more.

For Grave Minder, I've always been a fan of the UK cover. It's beautiful and different.

Carly said...

UK for Shattered Dreams and the US one for Graveminder (love that book BTW) :D

Jasprit said...

I totally agree with you guys the U.K cover of shattered dreams is so much better and I prefer the U.S copy of Grave Minder it's so beautiful! I love this feature I never really used to pay attention to different covers before! :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I think I prefer the US covers for both of them! Shattered Dreams's UK cover doesn't do it for me, but I do sort of like the UK cover for Grave Minder, but not as much as the US. :)

Janie said...

UK for both!!

Bookish Brunette said...

1. UK definitely!!!
2. US!!! I love the new paperback version!

Lisa said...

For Shattered Dreams I'd pick the UK cover. I'm not sure that I like it more but it is more intriguing.

As for Graveminder I think I'm going with the US cover. The UK cover doesn't have enough eye grabbing detail.

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

LOL, I'm the complete opposite to you guys. I'd pick the US one for the first book and the UK one for the second - I love that font on Graveminder's cover and I'd definitely pick this one up in a bookshop. :)

Elodie said...

I'm not a fan of either cover for Shattered Dreams but I love the US cover of Graveminder :) !! Great post girls !!

Unknown said...

I like the UK covers for both, Graveminder is a really good read too :)

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I can't decide on one for Shattered Dreams so I'll just go with a draw but I much prefer the US cover for Graveminder. UK one is definitely plain and boring.

Klaudia said...

Shattered Dreams - UK (but both are really pretty)
Graveminder - US

Tipsy Misty said...

I've never seen that us cover for graveminder, it's really pretty :)
I don't really love either cover for shattered dreams :/

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis