Pages

Friday 27 April 2012

A Review for Destined (Wings #4) by Aprilynne Pike

Destined (Wings, #4) Posted by Donna
Expected Release Date:  May 1st, 2012
Finished Date: April 18th, 2012
Publishers: HarperTeen
Source: eGalley For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 320
Buy Destined: Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo
Laurel now knows the truth: Yuki is a rare Winter faerie, the most powerful—and deadly—of all, and she is working with Klea to conquer and destroy Avalon. With Tamani, David, and Chelsea by her side, Laurel prepares for a fight she never thought she would have to face. 
Filled with heart-pounding action, sweeping romance, and higher stakes at every turn, Destined is the series conclusion that readers have been clamoring for—with a twist that will leave them breathless. 
"Tamani looked at her gravely, and reached up to touch her hair behind her ear. He hesitated for an instant, then his hands found the sides of her face, pulling her to him. He didn't kiss her, just held her face to his, their foreheads resting together, their noses almost touching. She hated how much it felt like good-bye."

The Review: I’ll admit, I’ve had my up’s and down’s with this series because I’ve always just felt it was an just okay series, but for some reason I kept me going back for more and now after reading Destined; the fourth and final book – I have to say it is definitely the best book out of the series, and Aprilynne Pike definitely pulled out all the stops to make is a mind-blowing finale.
<
Destined is definitely different from all the other books and the author did a fantastic job with it. This book is set over two days and honestly it was a non-stop battle. From page one the characters are thrown into dangerous and scary situations and they really do go through the ringer. It had everything from suspense, action and sorrow to joy and love and it really had me going through a whirlwind of emotions while reading it.
>
The characters are stronger than ever and I’m glad to see they all stuck together. And yes, I have to say I’m so, so pleased that Laurel finally made her choice! Yay! I’m not going to give it away as to whom she chooses, but I am very happy.
>
The Last Words;
What to say about this. Aprilynne Pike does warn you not to read this chapter if you want a happy ending and although this chapter doesn’t have anything to do with Laurel, it does affect David and I have to say it was a very bittersweet moment for him. I’m never been a huge fan of David and although I enjoyed his role in Destined much more than the previous books, I’m still sad with his ending but, I totally understand that the author wanted something realist for him and didn’t want to sugar-coat things. Not everyone can deal with life changing moments and I guess this was just David’s way of dealing….at least he’s happily eventually.
>
Overall, Aprilynne Pike has created a magical and spell-binding series – one that I’m sad to see end but I’m so glad it went on a high note. 
<
A huge thank you to HarperTeen and Edelweiss for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

4 comments:

Elodie RASO said...

I'm so sorry Donna I didn't read your review because I really don't want to know anything about this book because I'm dying to read it and know how it's going to end and who Laurel will choose (please let it be Tamani ) !! <3 I'm glad to see you liked it !! Can't wait to receive my copy !! 

Alyssa Susanna said...

Team Tamani!!! I really hope they end up together!! Not that I dont like David, but Tamani is sweeter and more protective. I cannot wait to read this book!!!! Thanks for the review!!!

Anonymous said...

hi! Im from argentina. Can you tell me who ends up with who because i read the book in english and im new on it so i dont have it clearly but i think she choose tamani. Does she?

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis