Pages

Monday 2 April 2012

US vs UK (#41)


Welcome to Book Passion for Life's 41th US vs UK book cover battle. We've been taking a break for the past few weeks but we're back!! 

The idea of this battle is once a week we'll post 2 sets of books of our choice, one US cover and one UK cover, and we'll just give our opinion on which one we love the most. Which cover captures the story, which one would catch our eye if we saw it on the shelf in a shop. The US cover will be on the left, and the UK cover will be on the right.

US vs UK Round 41

Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the LimitsVS   Pushing the limits

Jess says: US!!! Definitely US. I don't know what it is about it, but I fricken love it! Look at the amazing pose between Echo and Noah! I want to be Echo right there. I have this to read from Mira and I can't wait!! Squuuueeee! Love it!


Donna says:  I can't believe Jess went with US! lol Nooooo....UK wins for me! I do like the US cover but the UK one stands out so much. I like that we can see the faces of the characters and I think there just perfect....although Noah needs to be a bit hotter. I've read this book and loved it so make sure you put it on you TBR list.


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list


Fated by Alyson Noel

Fated (Soul Seekers, #1) VS  Fated (Soul Seekers, #1)

Jess says: Ohh tough. I like that both have kept the same model. It's really hard. I really like both covers, especially the colours. I think I'm going with the US for this too. I like the purple more I think. I like the birds flying in the background, and the font for 'Fated' is nice and creepy. I've yet to read more of Alyson Noel, but I may just pick this up just for the cover.


Donna says:  This is a tough one and I like they've kept the same model BUT I much prefer the UK cover. I adore the yellow in the background and I like that we see more of the model and the fonts on the cover are better. UK for me! 


Add it to your Goodreads TBR list
___________________

Okay guys, this weeks US vs UK goes to.......ahhh it's a draw!!! 

Which do you prefer? Leave us your comments below!
Come back next week for more US vs UK! :)

20 comments:

Erin W. said...

UK for the first book and US for the second book.

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said...

I am going US for book one and UK for book two. I love this post and I am always happy when you showcase these!

Unknown said...

Can I go for nether book covers for Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry. I really dislike both cover quite a bit. As for Fated by Alyson Noel, I LOVE the UK one so much more than the US cover. I love how the yellow makes the book cover pop :) Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

Alba said...

WOW it's been a while since US vs UK was this easy for me!
I'm SOOOO going with the US covers, in both books!! Really...it just was that easy! YEY Jess!!! you rock for your picks! hehehehe
Don't worry Donna I still love you ;)

Carina said...

I definitely prefer the US version of PUSHING THE LIMITS - sooo hot. :D (Can't wait for this book; it sounds sooo awesome. Jealous you get to read it already.)

And by now I prefer the UK cover of FATED. When I first saw them a while ago, I preferred the US cover, because of the colours, but in comparison with the UK cover it just has to much negative space for me, which starts to look weird after a while. :D

Carina

rachel said...

I am US for both! I really want to read Fated, it looks amazing and I like the purple more than the yellow. Thanks for sharing, this is such a great meme! =]

Sara @ Forever 17 Books said...

All the covers are beautiful but I prefer the US ones for both. The couple standing in fron of the lockers is hot and I love the purple on Fated. :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I didn't realise Pushing the limits had a different cover in the UK! I definitely prefer the UK one for that book.

I think UK gets my vote for Fated too - I do like the US one but we really don't see enough yellow on book covers these days. :P

Carly said...

US for book one & UK for book 2, which I am reading atm & loving :D

Kimberley@sunnykimmylovinglife said...

US for the first one, UK for the second one :).

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I prefer the US cover for both of these books. I really don't like the UK one for Pushing the Limits

Klaudia said...

US for first and UK for the second :D

Stellar said...

US for both!

roro said...

I am going US for book one and UK for book two

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks for all your comments guys!!! =)

Tipsy Misty said...

UK for pushing the limits and US for Fated because I like the colour better lol

Elodie said...

I love the UK cover of Pushing the Limits .. I'm definitely adding this book to my wishlist !
I prefer the US cover of Fated though because I love purple !!

Dani Cotton said...

I think the UK cover has the edge for me in both instances.
I love the title font on the UK cover of Fated, and I think for Pushing the Limits, the UK cover has a little more atmosphere to it - the US cover looks just like a romance novel to me... Not unique in any way, really.

I love these posts! (I think you should look at The Pledge, if you haven't already - those covers are SO different :) )

Dani @ Pen to Paper

Wee Shubba said...

US definitely for Pushing The Limits. And UK for Fated. The yellow just stands out more.

Lord Mark said...

Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis