Pages

Tuesday 17 April 2012

A Review for Untouched (Denazen #1.5) by Jus Accardo


Untouched (Denazen, #1.5)
Posted by Donna
Published Date: March 28th, 2012
Finished Date: April 14th, 2012
Publishers: Entangled Publishing
Source: For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown
<
The Blurb from Goodreads:
Until he met Dez, Kale’s days were filled with violence and death. He was used as a weapon of destruction by the power hungry men of Denazen. He’s a Six. A person with an abnormal ability. Some people call them gifts, but not Kale. Kale’s touch means instant death. But now there’s Dez, the girl he can touch, and they’re hunting down Sixes and warning them about Denazen. Kale is learning about the world outside captivity and trying to put his dark past behind him. But they underestimated how badly Denazen wanted him back. When Dez sacrifices herself to save the new Six they’d rescued from falling into the corp’s hands, Kale is lost. Denazen has brought out its best to get the job done. Samsen, a nightmare from Kale’s past—the only person he’s ever truly feared—has come for them, and it soon becomes obvious he has his own twisted agenda. Kale will need all his training to get Dez back and ensure they make it out, free—and alive. But will it be enough?
<
The Review: I absolutely adored Jus Accardo’s debut novel Touch, so when I was offered the chance to review her new novella Untouched, of course I jumped at the chance and honestly – I’m so glad I did because it doesn’t disappoint!  
<
Untouched is a short story told from Kale’s point of view. Yes, you heard that right! It’s all about Kale. Anyway, in Touch we saw Kale escaping Denazen, meeting Dez and teaming up with other Sixes to try and take down Denazen. Now in Untouched he and Dez are trying to recruit a new Six while trying to have a bit of fun at the same time.  While Kale, Dez and the new Six head to a fun fair for the day, it is there they run into trouble….and it’s trouble with a capital T because Kale’s past comes back to haunt him and it’s someone he really fears. When Dez is captured, it’s Kale’s up to Kale to rescue her because he can’t lose her after just finding her, but can Kale save Dez from his past but most of all can he save her life?  
<
It’s safe to say, I loved Kale before starting this book and if it’s possible, I love him even more now. I love how naïve he is, I love how sweet he is and of course, I love how protective he is over Dez. Getting inside Kale’s head was just PURE AMAZING! He’s so selfless and dedicated to stopping Denazen and from seeing things from his point of view, you can really see why he and Dez are such a good couple. They are both so similar but each of them has been sheltered and it has affected their lives but when there together, everything is forgotten. It’s just the two of them against the world and I love the relationship they have.
<
Even though this story is a short story, I still felt it was long enough to give us that Kale fix. If anything, it was longer than I expected but I’m not complaining because I loved it. Jus Accardo knows how to suck you into her captivating world from page one  and it really shows off her talent as an author, to be able to create any product – whether that be a full book or a novella and I seriously just want more.
<
Overall, Untouched is a must read for any fan of this series and I’d highly recommend it anyone who is looking for something a little different. 

12 comments:

Dani Cotton said...

I started reading this one, but have had so much work to do that I've had to put it down.
Might just try to read it all in one go tonight - I ADORED Touch, so this is bound to be good!

Glad to hear you enjoyed it too - that's a good sign! :)

Dani xx
Pen to Paper

Danny said...

Oh damn it! I can't wait to read this one! I looved Touched, I was actually blown away by its awesomeness! I'm so excited to hear that Untouched was so amazing, I need to read it asap!

Mimi Valentine said...

Oh wow!! I still haven't read Touched yet (even though I've heard SUCH amazing things!), but I'm planning on it really soon! And based on what you thought of this one, I can already tell that I'm going to love it too! :) Both Kale and Dez (adore her name!) sounds like such amazing characters!

Really awesome review, Donna! I'm going to look for a copy of Touched as soon as possible, and I'm super excited now! :D

Elodie said...

I so have to pick up a copy of Touch .. I really like when there are short novellas to read between the main books in a series !! Fabulous review Donna !

Chocolate Chunky Munkie said...

I really really loved Touched so I'm looking forward to reading this one. I have it sat waiting to be read on my kindle.... don't know how long I can put this one off for. It's crying out to be read.

Great review :)

Jenny - Chocolate Chunky Munkie

Candace said...

I've had Touch on my WL for a long time, I've heard such amazing things about it. Since you liked it and this one I'll definitely have to try to get my hands on Touch really soon!

Tabby Hart said...

I really want to read Touch and also is it me or does the chap on this cover really fit? ;D

Menia said...

Oh how I wish that kindle books like this were available for readers outside UK...Let's hope this will change in the near future!!

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks for the all comments guys!

Menia, we will be having a giveaway for Untouched or Touch in a few days. (Kindle) Keep an eye out.

Donna

Ynysawdre Elderly Residents Association said...

These are firmly on my wish-list

yanmaneee said...

kobe 9
adidas ultra
nike jordans
james harden shoes
louboutin shoes
golden goose
ralph lauren uk
jordan shoes
yeezy boost 350 v2
yeezys

Unknown said...

web link r2h46k2v56 replica louis vuitton handbags replica bags in pakistan navigate here q1x59t7o88 replica bags from china replica bags new york 7a replica bags Web Site o6j53j1m65 replica bags london

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis