Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (#4)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

It's been a while since we did one of these, but because Jess has ran out of Book Boyfriends (just until she reads more) this will be in its place.


Jess's Waiting on Wednesday

Pandemonium (Delirium #2) by Lauren Oliver
Release Date: March 6th, 2012


Lauren Oliver captivated readers with Delirium, the first book in a thrilling dystopian trilogy in which Lena Haloway dared to fall in love with Alex and escape the cure, the government-mandated procedure that renders a person immune to the disease of love. Lena and Alex staked their lives on leaving their oppressive society, but only Lena broke free.

Pandemonium continues Lena’s gripping story. After escaping from Portland, Maine, Lena makes it to the Wilds and becomes part of an Invalid community, where she transforms herself into a warrior for the resistance. A future without Alex is unimaginable, but Lena pushes forward and fights, both for him and for a world in which love is no longer considered a disease. Swept up in a volatile mix of revolutionaries and counterinsurgents, Lena struggles to survive—and wonders if she may be falling in love again.

Full of danger, forbidden romance, and exquisite writing, Lauren Oliver’s sequel to Delirium races forward at a breathtaking pace and is sure to appeal to fans who crave the high-stakes action of The Hunger Games and the bittersweet love story of Romeo & Juliet.


Donna's Waiting on Wednesday


Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Release Date: May 22nd, 2012

Emma and her friend Chloe are spending vacation in Florida. When Emma (literally) runs into a hot guy named Galen on the beach, little does she know he’s a prince of the Syrena. Galen and Emma both feel something strange – is it attraction? – and Galen suspects that Emma might well be the girl he’s heard of – a human who can communicate with fish.
What follows is a deadly scene with a shark in which Galen witnesses Emma’s gifts. He must know more about her, and follows her back to New Jersey, and high school, to find out for sure if she’s the key to saving his kingdom. Soon, Emma can’t deny her feelings for him, but can’t explain them, either – and both she and Galen must learn more about where she comes from and what her powers are before they can trust one another and their feelings.


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. Happy Holidays and Happy Reading!
 

12 comments:

Krazzyme(Young Readers) said...

Even I can't wait for Of Poseidon! If you're dying to read pandemonium ,It means delirium ends in a cliffhanger...... That means I'm not reading Delirium till book 2 is out !!

Krazyyme @ Young Readers

Madigan Mirza said...

Yes!!! To both of these! I am so excited for these books. I used to live in Portland, so it was very interesting/funny/weird to see all the places I recognized in that book. And I love mermaids. So, yeah, should be a good time, both of these books.

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

Great pick! I still need to read Delirium though. Of Poseidon is on my wishlist so I absolutely agree with that one. :)

Here's my pick for this week

Vicky
Books, Biscuits & Tea

Brittani said...

Great picks! Me and Jess picked the same one this week! Lol. I'm super excited for Pandemonium as well!

My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

-Brittani

Rachel Harris said...

Great picks!! I had Of Poseidon on my WOW post last week :-)

By the way, I love all the cute holiday elements to your blog. So cozy, I want to just hang out and drink hot chocolate lol! Happy Wednesday

Rachel Rachel Harris, Flirting with Fiction

Anonymous said...

dying to read these books! especially Pandemonium. Delirium's ending nearly killed me!

My Waiting On Wednesday picks are part of the 2012 standalone challenge and if you like bookmarks and stickers, I have a giveaway going on!

Amber Elise said...

PANDY! :p And Poseiden sounds really good, I will have to add it to my TBR list!

WOW @ Du Livre

Adriana C said...

I haven´t read Delirium yet, but I really need to buy it.
I need to add to my TBR list 2012 Of Poseidon, love the cover.
heck My WOW

Marathon said...

Haha, so funny. Today you run out and today's my first day. *lol*

After the ending of Delirium, I'm so anxious to get to Pandemonium. And I'm really hoping mermaids are in Of Poseidon. I love mermaid stories!

Have an amazing reading week!

- Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

Unknown said...

Once again I'm so falling behind. Delirium is still waiting for me to read it and I still haven't read not even one book with mermaids/sirens. Gotta change that!

Great choices. (:

Aleksandra from My Bookshelves

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I just got Pandemonium this week!! I'm so excited to start reading :)) Of Poseidon looks awesome too!! Can't wait!

Anna @ Literary Exploration

Christina @ Biblio Thoughts said...

I'm dying to read Pandemonium and Poseidon looks great too.

My WoW: http://bibliophilesthoughtsonbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-2-dreaming-awake.html

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis