Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

A Review for Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Posted by Donna
Published Date: Decemeber 1st, 2011
Finished Date: November 27th, 2011
Publishers: Sourcebooks Fire
Source: ARC, For Review
Format: E-Galley
Pages: 288
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys, and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university. But now there's a new guy in town who threatens her starting position... suddenly she's hoping he'll see her as more than just a teammate.
<
The Review: 

“I love you…” “I love you too,” I blurt 
He smiles, but it’s not a happy smile-it’s like a resigned smile. “I really do love you, Woods, but I like what we have now. And if we go off to different colleges, it’ll be horrible. We’d be apart all the time. I couldn’t handle that. I’m already dreading it.” 

***Possible Spoilers*** 

Catching Jordan is one of them books that I knew I had to get my hands on ever since I first heard about it! I definitely glad I did because this book is YA at its best. 

Jordan Woods is the captain of her school football team; the only thing is she’s the only female on the team. What girl wouldn’t love that? But she’s treated like one of the guys and she loves it. Her best friends are all males and she like to take the mick out of the cheerleaders. When new guy Ty moves to town, he makes the team and could possibly threaten Jordan’s position, however when Ty shows that he’s not interested into taking Jordan’s position but in Jordan herself…..Jordan starts going through things she never expected to feel. She’s starting to feel like an actual girl. 

I loved Jordan! She’s one of them kick ass girls that you always want to read about. She’s very focused, she’s determined and she doesn’t let anyone push her around. I have to say, there were times when I thought I was reading this book from a boys point of view rather than a girls because Jordan being a tom boy almost thinks like a boy. She acts like a boy; she talks like a boy….well…..that is until Ty comes into the picture. Ty brings out Jordan’s girly side and it was great getting to read about her getting nervous about what to wear at school, what underwear to wear and of course, how to kiss. Ty is one of them characters that you love straight away, he’s gorgeous and there’s definitely something about him. He had a hard life and is trying to provide for his family but I loved how he opened up with Jordan. Did I think their relationship was perfect? Ermmm…..probably not. I loved watching the attraction grow but I felt something was missing and I definitely didn’t like how Jordan jumped into bed with Ty within 5 minutes. 

Now, the love triangle! I have got to say I wasn’t even expecting it and I can’t believe I missed all the signs from the start. When Henry was being funny with Jordan and sleeping around with all the girls, I was half expecting to announce he was gay but boy was I shocked when it was revealed….he’s in love with Jordan! Henry was definitely a swoon worthy character and I probably don’t agree with how he treated Jordan while she was dating Ty but he sure does make up for it. Jordan + Henry = Perfect Match in my opinion. 

Overall, Catching Jordan was my first book my author Miranda Kenneally and it definitely won’t be my last. It’s was witty, romantic and funny and I guarantee your will love it….so try it! 

Thank you to NetGalley & Sourcebooks Fire  for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

2 comments:

Giselle said...

Ooh I LOVED this one! Jordan was a great character and I also never saw the love triangle coming! I'm really happy about it though! Awesome review. PS - I Love your new holiday banner!!

Giselle
Xpresso Reads

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Ah I am excited you liked this one!! I will have to look into getting this one soon, awesome review Donna as always! I think your reviews are the only ones I really read now HA! <3 (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis