Pages

Wednesday 14 December 2011

A Review for Enthralled: Paranormal Diverisons by Rachel Caine, Claudia Gray and several others.


Posted by Donna 
Published Date: September 20th, 2011
Finished Date: December 5th, 2011
Publishers: HarperCollins
Source: Finished Copy for Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 443
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: A journey may take hundreds of miles, or it may cover the distance between duty and desire.
Sixteen of today’s hottest writers of paranormal tales weave stories on a common theme of journeying. Authors such as Kelley Armstrong, Rachel Caine, and Melissa Marr return to the beloved worlds of their bestselling series, while others, like Claudia Gray, Kami Garcia, and Margaret Stohl, create new land-scapes and characters. But whether they’re writing about vampires, faeries, angels, or other magical beings, each author explores the strength and resilience of the human heart.Suspenseful, funny, or romantic, the stories in Enthralled will leave you moved.

The Review: I’ll be honest I’m kind of on the fence about short stories, I like them but sometimes I don’t have time to connect with them especially if there brand new characters to me. However, when I heard about Enthralled I knew I wanted to read, mainly because some of my favourite authors are involved and it really enjoyed it.

Overall it took me about 3 weeks to get through this book and admittedly I didn’t read them all just because I wasn’t familiar with some of the authors. I did however read stories from Rachel Caine, Kelley Armstrong, Claudia Gray, Kimberly Derting & Melissa Marr.

My favourite one was Rachel Caine’s, I loved being back with Michael and Eve and I’m even more excited to pick up book 8 – 11 in her Morganville series now. My second favourite was Claudia Gray’s story, I just loved how we were thrown into an exciting world within seconds and just proves that Claudia can write just about anything and I will automatically love it.

Now there were some stories I didn’t read like Rachel Vincent’s story featuring Sabine and Emma. I didn’t read this because I’m yet to meet Sabine in the Soul Screamers series because I haven’t read it yet so I didn’t want to spoil anything for myself. When I do read the fourth book, I’ll be sure to go back and read it because I love Rachel’s work.

Overall, Enthralled is a book that I would recommend to people who love short stories and are fans of the authors featured in this book.

Thank you to HarperCollins for providing me with a copy for review.

5 comments:

April said...

I have this! I haven't read it yet though cause of the whole, Authors I havent' read from yet.. I know a few of these stories revisit characters from their series..

I may just pick it up so I can read the few I know, then re visit down the road. :0)

I was kinda on the fence about the whole short story thing too.. but then I read the Zombies vs Unicorns, and I actually really enjoyed it.

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Oooo I wanna read some of the stories now! I agree though, short stories I normally don't like cause you can't really know the new characters within such a few amount of pages ): ! I much prefer long series, or trilogies! The longer I stay with character I like the better! (:

Mel said...

I have to be in the mood for short stories but books like this are great when I'm struggling to concentrate onreading. Some fantastic authors in this collection - I have it sitting on my shelf at the moment waiting for when I feel in the mood for it! :-)

Prangon said...

I have this book but whenever I want to read this all the writers names kindda makes it hard for me to decide if I really want to read it. But I think I will keep it for later for some light reading maybe!
Great review :D

Alba said...

Kimberly's story!! cannot wait to read it as well as Kelley Armstrong's and Rachel Vincent...didn't you read that one???

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis