Pages

Thursday 29 December 2011

A Review for Madly & Wolfhardt (Madly #1-2) by M Leighton


Posted by Donna

Published Date: June 1st, 2011
Finished Date: December 22st, 2011
Source: Bought
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown 
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Madly is your average nearly-eighteen year old girl-for a mermaid princess, that is.

Madly James is thoroughly enjoying her internship in Slumber when the unthinkable happens-there's a prison break in Atlas, Madly's home beneath the sea. A traitor has set free eight Lore, the spirits of what humans know as fairy tales, and they are making their way to Slumber to awaken their descendants.

The first spirit to arrive is that of Ulrich Wolfhardt, a man that was once obsessed with wolves and a young maiden he would follow through the woods. After a bite from a wolf, Wolfhardt's obsession with the girl became an unnatural hunger and the young maiden's grandmother cursed him with a fate worse than death. And now he's back...with a vengeance and a bite that can infect others as well.

Madly must learn the identity of Wolfhardt's descendant and stop him before he kills again and spreads his curse across the earth. But the only person strong enough to help Madly is Jackson, the Sentinel who vowed to protect her and the one person capable of breaking her heart. Can Madly resist forbidden love long enough to save the world from Wolfhardt? Or will she have to sacrifice her heart and her destiny to save the ones she loves?

The Review: A joint review for book one and two together. May contain spoilers.
<
I was looking for a short read and can across Madly on Amazon. I first noticed the amazing book cover and then I read the blurb and I instantly sold. Now let me just say Madly completely surprised me and had me captivated from start to finish. I loved it! And of course, I went straight on to read book two, Wolfhardt and loved it even more. 

Who would have thought mermaids and werewolves could work? Well it did and I fell in love with M Leighton’s work from page one. I instantly liked Madly and connected with her as a character quite easily. I found her fun, strong and just an all-round awesome character to read about. It was very easy to slip into her head and go through her motions and understand why she loved the people she did in her life. Everyone around her is supportive and trust worthy, but not just because she is a princess but because she has genuine friends that love and care her so it was nice to see she had that support system even when her parents are held captivate.

The story itself was intense, action packed and dangerous. I loved finding out about Madly’s world under the sea and what her life is like above ground but most of all, I loved finding out about Jackson. *Sigh* Jackson! He literally took my breath away, but of course with Madly being a Princess and Jackson being of a lower status; a sentinel who trains and protects Atlas, it’s forbidden for them to ever be together. There love however does shine through and they have several heart-warming moment together and boy I WANT MORE!! I love Jackson and I think any fans of Jennifer L.Armentrout’s Covenant series will love Madly’s world just as much as me.

Overall, I’m extremely glad I picked up this series and I cannot wait to continue with book three once it’s been released. 



5 comments:

Test said...

Thank you so, so much for giving Madly a chance and for this amazing review! I sincerely appreciate it and I'm THRILLED that you liked her story so much. YAY!!!

m.Keith Howard said...

will there be a book #3 for Madly & wolfhardt ?  If so what is the name and when will it be released? Why would you get your readers so excited about your books and then leave us hanging?  Do us a favor and "git er done"  Thx m keith H

m.k.howard said...

Is that it for a comment.  will there be a book #3. Name, date due out, please

BookPforLife said...

Hi,
If you look on Goodreads here; http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13609335-madly-the-jackal - It gives you all the details regarding book three =)

Bradley Francis said...

Really thankful that you have shared very informative information. If you want know custom business card boxes.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis