Pages

Saturday 10 December 2011

A Review for Fated by Sarah Alderson

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: January 5th, 2012
Finished Date: December 7th, 2011
Publishers: Simon & Schuster
Source: For Review 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: What happens when you discover you aren't who you thought you were? And that the person you love is the person who will betray you? If your fate is already determined, can you fight it? 

When Evie Tremain discovers that she’s the last in a long line of Demon slayers and that she’s being hunted by an elite band of assassins –Shapeshifters, Vampires and Mixen demons amongst them – she knows she can’t run. They’ll find her wherever she goes. Instead she must learn to stand and fight. 

But when the half-human, half-Shadow Warrior Lucas Gray - is sent to spy on Evie and then ordered to kill her before she can fulfil a dangerous prophecy, their fates become inextricably linked. The war that has raged for one thousand years between humans and demons is about to reach a devastating and inevitable conclusion. Either one or both of them will die before this war ends. 

If your life becomes bound to another’s, what will it take to sever it?


The Review: 4.5 out of 5:

"It was you that taught me I could choose," he said softly, so softly she had to lean into him to hear better. "That I could choose who I was and who I wanted to be. I would die for you, Evie Tremain, because I love you." 
<
Sarah Alderson had me hooked with her first novel Hunting Lila and now Fated has left me knowing that only good things can come from this author. Fated was a whirl-wind of excitement which was dangerous, thrilling and full of romance with action packed scenes and awesome characters. This novel is a must read for 2012!

Fated is told in a third person narrative which follows the lives of Evie and Lucas. Evie is a young waitress who is trying to get out of her small home town so she can move to New York. While working one night, Evie is thrown into an extremely dangerous situation where she soon finds out that she is a Demon Slayer. Not only that, but she is the last in her families line….and soon becomes the number one target for the Brotherhood.

Lucas is a member of the Brotherhood determined to get revenge on his parent’s killers. When Evie becomes his next target, Lucas does the one thing he never expected..…he starts to fall for her and is soon left with no choice but to chose between her and the Brotherhood.

Where do I start with Fated? Well, I just knew this was going to be awesome even before I read it and you know what, I’m 100% right…..and Sarah Alderson doesn’t let us down one little bit. It was very easy to step into Evie and Lucas’s world because they are so imaginable. Sometimes I feel that authors can get swept up in telling us too many details to start with but no, there is no room in this book to be confused because it’s just easy to follow and I LOVED IT!

Our characters were fantastic, very likable and yes of course Lucas….what a babe! The attraction between them is intense because even though they fight it, it’s so completely obvious. There is so much heat being thrown around that I was sitting on the edge of my seat dying for something to happen and when it does….WOW….it was absolutely perfect. I loved the whole forbidden romance and I just want more. I do however wish that this book was told from a first person’s narrative rather than a third person narrative. I just enjoy a first person’s narrative more but nonetheless, this novel was still awesome.

After finishing this novel I was speaking with the author who told me it’s currently a stand alone novel. OMG!!! Nooooo this can not happen. I want more! I need more! I believe there are so many different avenues that the story can go and although Sarah finished up Fated really nice, I still want more. I’m not ready to leave these awesome characters behind and I’m hoping Simon and Schuster pick up more books.

Overall, Sarah Alderson is fast becoming one of my favourite authors and if you haven’t read any of her books yet…please do it! Read them, I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.

A huge thank you to Simon and Schuster for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

8 comments:

Wee Shubba said...

Oh I'll need to get this when its out. Sounds amazing!!

Anonymous said...

I've just entered the Goodreads giveaway for this one. It sounds really good :-)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Wow, this sounds great! I can't wait to read it now. And I love the new winter look of your blog! :)

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

ahhh, such an amazing review Donna! I will need to get this one for sure, and so still need to read Hunting Lila! (:

Evie said...

Donna!;D What an excellent review! I love your reviews, they're always so informative, thorough and glowing with positive energy! I will be adding this one to my TBR pile - right away! :D

Cait said...

I didn't know this was coming out so soon!!! I love your review and it's got me really excited for release day. can't wait to read this.

The Cait Files

Sally@Always Lost in Stories said...

This sounds fantastic! I'm reading Hunting Lila at the moment and loving Sarah Alderson's writing. Will definitely be looking this one up, thanks for the review!

Book Passion for Life said...

I'm so glad you all liked the review. If you didn't already figure it out...I seriously recommend it!!! Hope you enjoy it just as much as me!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis