Pages

Friday 2 December 2011

A Review for Revenge is Sweet (Kali Sweet Series #1) by Misty Evans

Posted by Guest Reviewer Melanie
Published Date: November 11th, 2011
Finished Date: December 1st, 2011
Source: For Review from Author
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Payback is a bitch and her name is Kali Sweet...I’m Kali Sweet, the best damn vengeance demon on Earth. I work for the supernatural world’s Justice Department and protect innocent humans from otherworldly creatures like me. While I can’t take revenge for myself, I make sure justice is done for others. But when my latest run-in with Chicago’s vampire king backfires, the fallout leaves me with three big problems: a powerful Undead enemy who wants my head, my boss looking over my shoulder, and three personal blood slaves jeopardizing my reputation. One of those slaves happens to be sexy rock star Radison Beaumont – the half-human, half-chaos demon who left me at the altar three hundred years ago. Even if he does need my blood now to survive, Rad and I will always be enemies. Especially since he’s joined an ancient society of demon killers—and I’m the number one demon on their most wanted list.
<
The Review: 4.5 out of 5: I am not going to write my own synopsis about the book because the above is perfect and describes it to a tee and I would only end up repeating it. Soooo . . . what did I think?
<
Well I REALLY liked it! Kali is an awesome character, a vengeance demon who works for the Bridge Council protecting humans from supernaturals who would do them harm and running her own ‘vengeance for hire’ business Sweet Investigations. She has a hard time trusting people due to her past history but deals with things in her own way but when she defends herself against a vampire king her life seems to spiral out of control and she is put in astounding situations. She is no ‘lie down and take it’ kind of girl though and rises to the challenge time and time again, affirming her place as a kick ass heroine with a great sense of humour. Then there is Rad, yummy Rad, rock star Rad, former fiancĂ© Rad . . .  mmmm. Left her at the altar 300 years ago and suddenly back on the scene, you just know all of those repressed feelings are going to come back to bite them, but what has he been doing since then? Then we have Cole, Damon and Dru  . . . . . are you curious yet?

 I am a huge fan of books along these lines, a fast paced urban fantasy with a kick ass heroine, some hot love interest(s), enemies galore and paranormal with a good dose of humour. I love these kinds of books when I’m in a reading funk and need something light and funny. It’s a really easy read that keeps you interested throughout with multiple dramas coming together for a final showdown and even though most of the plot is concluded, it’s also got a couple of loose ends to run into a sequel and make you want more . . . . and I want more!

 I am definitely checking out Misty’s other books and they will be going on my TBR list, I also feel a visit to Amazon is coming on.

1 comment:

Nina @ Death, Books, and Tea said...

Not seen this before, but love the idea of a vengence demon. Great review.

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis