Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

A Review for Second Chances by Rita Oberlies

Second Chances
Posted by Donna
Release Date: May 15th, 2012
Finished Date: May 27th, 2012
Publishers: Entangled Publishing
Source:For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US /

Will the past keep them apart…


High-powered attorney Luke Braden knows that perfection only comes once in a lifetime, and for him it came and went in the form of his college girlfriend, Brenna Morgan. Circumstances beyond his control separated them before, but now that she’s back in Boston, Luke won’t let her slip away again.

…or give them a second chance at love?

For Brenna Morgan, returning home is the very last thing she wants, especially when it means facing the man who once became her salvation—and then dumped her at the first sign of trouble. But Luke is determined to make up for his past mistakes, and Brenna finds herself weakening against him. A decade of deceit lies between them, and he’ll have to fight if he wants to keep his second chance at love.

The Review: Second Chances was my first book by author Rita Oberlies and it definitely won’t be my last. Full of fun, hot and flirty scenes, humour and good characters, what more could I ask for?
<
Luke Braden can never forget the one girl he has loved forever – Brenna Morgan, but unfortunately for Luke, she moved to Boston and he hasn’t seen her in years. When he hears that Brenna is moving back to Boston Luke knows he has to win her heart again, so he sets out to get his second chance. But will Brenna be willing to let him back in after the way things ended before? 
<
Second Chances was a good read – one that I read in a matter of hours because it’s such a fun read plus it’s a short novel so it’s very fast paced read. I immediately fell for Luke; he’s kind, caring and fun. He’s hot too so that definitely helps but beneath all that, he wants Brenna back in his life and he will do anything for her. I loved how sweet he was. No matter how many times Brenna turns him down; he finds a new way to get her back. Now, Brenna was an interesting character; I can’t say I warmed to her 100% because I couldn’t understand her reasoning sometimes. Its clear Luke loves her but she was pushing him away at every turn. However, I do understand she was scared of being hurt again but I wished she would have just opened up to him a little more. Despite that I found her a fun character. I loved the humour between the pair and how connected they were. 
<
Overall, Second Chances is ideal for you adult contemporary romance fans, ones that are looking for something easy to read but is hot at the same time. A good read! 
<
Thank you Entangled publishing for giving me the opportunity to review this book.

1 comment:

Sam @ Realm of Fiction said...

Amazing review, Donna! It sounds like a fun quick read. I'm glad you liked it! :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis