Pages

Thursday 21 June 2012

A Review for Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles #5) by Alyxandra Harvey

Blood Moon (Drake Chronicles, #5)
Posted by Donna
Release Date: July 5th, 2012
Finished Date: June 1st, 2012
Publishers: Bloomsbury
Source: For Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 357
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

"I can still smell his blood, Lucy. I can smell it everywhere. It's in the grass, in the air, on me. I'm not safe." 
<
When the vampire tribes convene for the rare Blood Moon ceremonies, Solange Drake is plunged into a battle with her feral nature. 
The Drake brothers have been raised knowing they had to protect their younger sister at all cost. But forbidden magic and a mysterious stranger have put all of them in terrible danger.
Nicholas is going to have to make a difficult choice: between his girlfriend, Lucy, and his little sister, Solange - blood or love?

The Review: 4.5 out of  5! After that shocking cliff-hanger in Bleeding Hearts, Lucy, Kieran and Solange deal with the aftermath of Solange feeding off a human. Not only that, but with the Blood Moon just around the corner, all the Drake’s are on high alert and are forced to go into a two week lock down, which means – no leaving the safety nets. Sounds easy? Guess again! With the furies arrival and Solange’s struggles with blood lust, it’s about to get a whole load more dangerous in Violet Hills. 
<
I loved it, I just loved it! Blood Moon is everything I expected it to be and more, and it sure is one hell of a shocking ride. From the very first page I was literally a bundle of nerves because I could not believe the shocking and fantastic way that Alyxandra Harvey has taken this series. It’s become so unpredictable and I can never guess what to expect next.  
<
The story this time around was full of action with amazing and witty scene's but was a little different from the previous books. Before we’ve always seen a member of the Drake family finding love but in Blood Moon, this didn’t happen. There is still good romance to the story, especially with characters like Nicolas and Lucy – who are so, so cute but, I can’t help ask when will the other brothers; Duncan, Sebastian & Marcus find love? I’d really like to see their stories and get to know them as characters better.
<
The book alternates between Lucy, Solange and Nicholas and we get a small chapter from Kieran too and I really loved it. Their all my favourite characters and I enjoy how all the other characters are involved too. Solange’s character goes through a massive change and I was utterly frustrated with the storyline but in such a good way. I’m telling you now – you won’t believe what happens. And that cliff-hanger...ahhh! If you thought the one from Bleeding Hearts was bad, wait till you read this, it's  jaw dropper!
<
Overall, now were on book five in this series and it's still going strong as ever. It’s one of my favourite ones and I can’t wait to see what comes next with book 6. 
<
Thank you to Bloomsbury UK for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 

2 comments:

Carly Chambers said...

Brilliant review, Donna :) Glad you loved it! I have this one for review too but I actually haven't even read the first book, I don't know why these things keep happening to me lol! :)

Gaby said...

I am actually reading the second in the series I am liking it so far but I want to get back to Lucy :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis