Pages

Friday 1 June 2012

A Review for Emma Hearts LA by Keris Stainton

Emma Hearts LA
Posted by Donna
Release Date: June 7th, 2012
Finished Date: May 18th, 2012
Publishers: Orchard
Source: ARC for Review
Format: Paperback
Pages: 256
Buy : Amazon UK / Amazon US / The Book Depo

Emma's not sure that LA's for her, but when she accompanies her sister Jane to an audition, a chance meeting with a teen TV star starts to change her new sunshine lifestyle for the better... 
But what about Oscar, so far her only friend in LA, who's turning out NOT to be the idiot she thought he was? 
Soon Emma begins to find herself torn between two boys and reconsidering her entire future.
Maybe LA's not that bad after all.
<
The Review: Emma Hearts LA is my first book by author Keris Stainton, yep you heard me, I haven’t even read Keris’s other book Jessie Hearts LA. So, I went into Emma Hearts LA not really knowing what to expect but let me tell you, this is the ideal summer read. 
<
This story follows a teenage girl named Emma, who is moving to LA where her mother has been offered a new job.  However Emma doesn’t really want to go but will give it a go for her mother and sister. When she arrives in LA, Emma reunites a friendship with an old childhood friend named Oscar and it's then she sees everything LA has to offer her – and possibly a relationship with Oscar. But when her sister gets an audition and Emma has the luxury of companying her – it is there she meets a famous TV star, and soon she has to choose between the two boys….along with what she wants from the future.
<
I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun and lovable story – one that is actually more complex than I would have thought. I loved Emma as a character and because we see her trying to get over her parent’s divorce, it gave a lot more insight to her as a character. It’s not easy for her but she deals with it the best she can. Not only that but we see the relationship she has with her mother and sister and there such a close family, it’s lovely to read about. 
Now both of the love interests we’re fantastic and honestly, it was a hard choice but I have to say, I’m totally Team Oscar. He’s a total geek but you know what, geek’s are totally in now and Oscar was portrayed brilliantly. He’s sweet, interesting and loving and he’s just so much fun. He's definitely the perfect choice for Emma, in my opinion. 
<
Overall, Emma Hearts LA was a very enjoyable, captivating and fun-loving book. I'd probably suggest you to read Jessie Hearts LA first, if you are to pick up this authors work but definately one not to miss. 
<
A huge thank you to Hachette UK for giving me the opportunity to review this book. 
<
Don't forget to stop by on July 15th for a guest post from the author. 

4 comments:

Jasprit @ The Readers Den said...

Yay I'm so gald you enjoyed this one Donna! It's good to know you found a decent summer read already! Fab review! :)

Fara Nani said...

Ouh. A love triangle! Haven't read one of those on AGES. Great review! :D

Fara @ Tumbling In Books

Carly Chambers said...

Sounds interesting, I hadn't heard of this one before. Great review Donna, this sounds like a fun read that I will pick up in the future. :)

Rachelanbig said...

This sounds like a perfect vanilla for me.  I love it when the ordinary guy is the one that steals your heart.  Great review Donna! :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis