Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Teaser Tuesday (#13)


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading

Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

1) Grab your current read
2) Open to a random page
3) Share one (1) OR two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
4) Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers! 

Donna's Teaser Tuesday: Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton

1) "Haven't you heard? I'm crazy. " I turned away and added, "It's in the genes."


2) "Water be wine" I said, not thinking and distracted by the surge of magic. "Tears of the heaven, become fruit of the vine." I felt more than saw Silla & Reese hesitate. But I kept going. "Water be wine. Water be wine. Blood from my body, the power is mine . Water be wine." 

Jessica's Teaser Tuesday: Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning

Note: I only started this book last night, here's just a couple.


1) "I wet my lips. "Kiss me," I say. "Hard." His mouth tightens. "I am not a fool, Mackayla."  "Just do it," I snarl. I watch him weigh the idea. Two scorpians. He is skeptical. He is facinated.


2) "He stops and glances over his shoulder at me. The tiny gold flecks in his eyes flare brighter, and he inhales sharply. If I know Fae as well as I think I do, I just turned him on."

What's your Teaser Tuesday? 
Leave us a comment below or link to your blog. 

5 comments:

Elodie said...

Thanks for the teaser girls !!
I can't wait to read Blood Magic, it sounds amazing ! Looking forward to read your review on it Donna ;) !
AHHHHH !! Aren't you dying to read this book Jessica ? I'd love to re-read it ... Great quotes !
Happy reading !

Book Passion for Life said...

Oh Elodie, you have no idea how much I love this series. Shadowfever is totally awesome so far. The KNEW that the person who died wasn't actually dead. I knew it! :D So pleased about that.
Happy reading!
Jessica

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Those Darkfever teasers makes me want to go read it again. Barron <3

And Blood Magic sounds awesome :)

Book Passion for Life said...

I'm loving it so much. I love Barrons so much.
Jessica

Bookish Brunette said...

Grrr! I NEED to read read Blood Magic like NOW!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis