Pages

Friday 24 June 2011

A review for Awaken Me by Emily Gossett

Posted by Donna
Expected Published Date: August 2011
Finished Date: June 24th, 2011
Source: For review from author
Format: PDF 
Pages: 396
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: After witnessing her fiancée murder her best friend two days before her wedding, Aimee decides to immediately flee from the life she only knows. Lost in a foreign city, Aimee comes in contact with a mysteriously handsome Italian stranger, who seems to know more about Aimee, than Aimee knows about herself. Quickly discovering that the last six years of her life have been a cover up to who she really is and where she came from. Aimee’s world, before her eyes , becomes a tsunami of conflicted emotions, undecidedly Torn between two men whom she loves deeply. Aimee ultimately finds her true identity, which is more lethal than either men, being the weapon the Rogues desire most. Aimee is anything but human.
<
The Review: I’d heard about this book a few months ago and since then I’ve been really eager to read it. After getting a chance to review the book, I fitted it in straight away and I’m so glad I did. 

The story follows Aimee, a 23 year old girl who witnesses her fiancé murder her best friend at her engagement party. Aimee is shell shocked but decides to run away and not face what happened. While on the run, she meets a handsome stranger called Alec and instantly feels a connection with him but she doesn’t why. For some reason Alec seems to know more about Aimee than she knows about herself and quickly discovers that the last 6 years of her life have been wiped from her memory. As Aimee tries to piece back together her past, her future is soon questioned with an ex-fiancé who doesn’t want to let go and her mother comes back into her life with secrets that change her forever. 

I’m actually surprised how quickly I flew through this book and I finished it in a matter of hours. It was really enjoyable to read, one that was very fast paced, full of suspense, romance and excitement. It was easy to get lost into the world that the author has created and I honestly think it may be a first for me, reading about werewolves and vampire’s that actually mate. The concept was completely different and easy enough to follow and I loved it. 

From page one you’re thrown into Aimee’s life and you see the kind of character she is…100% strong minded. Definitely a kick ass character that I’m looking forward to seeing what comes next. Alec was totally swoon worthy as soon as he comes into the story. You’re just taken back by that handsome Italian. It was pretty obvious how he felt for Aimee I only wish she would of realised sooner…I would of loved a bit more time with them together as a couple. 

There were so many other characters which were a fantastic addition. All great in their own way but I’m especially looking forward to getting to know Marcus a bit better and I can’t wait to see where the relationship between him and Iva takes. 

My only complaint really about the story is I wish we had got to of known Derek before all the craziness started. I know he’s was the bad guy and all, but I think the start was a little too fast for me. I guess with the ending of the story then we may possibly get to know him a little better with the next book…..I can only hope. 

Overall, I think this is a great start to an exciting new series. Emily Gossett has managed to create an interesting story that involves werewolves and vampires and give it a new edge. I highly recommend this book if you’re a fan of the supernatural. Great read! 

1 comment:

Book Passion for Life said...

Ooo interesting Donna. I think I'll give this one a go soon too!
Jess

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis