Pages

Monday 6 June 2011

Advanced review for Storm Born (Graphic Novel Vol:1) by Richelle Mead

Posted by Jessica
Expected Published Date: September 20th, 2011
Finished Date: June 6th, 2011
The Blurb: Eugenie Markham never asked for any of this. Until now, she''s been content with her job as a freelance shaman, battling and banishing Otherworldly creatures. When a prophecy suddenly makes her the Otherworld''s most popular bachelorette, Eugenie finds herself fighting off unwanted supernatural suitors, as well as the evils that begin emerging from her past...


The Review: Okay so when Patrick over at Sea Lion Books asked me to review Richelle Meads Storm Born graphic novel, I was so excited, because he had me at 'Richelle Mead'. I love this woman! She's absolutely wonderful. I still haven't managed to read the actual Storm Born novel-for a Richelle Mead fan, that's pretty awful-anyway, after having some trouble opening the file, I finally managed to read the first 29 pages of the first volume. This is the second graphic novel that I've read (Twilight was the first) and I enjoyed it. The designs/animation were wonderful they bought a really good feel to the story even without written descriptions of the characters I still managed to get a clear picture of what was going on. 

Having not read the novel itself yet, the graphic novel gave me a good incite into the world of Euginie Markham, and its left me wanting more. It's a wonderful short read, just something to pass the time whilst running a bath, or cooking dinner. 

If you're a fan of Richelle Mead, and a fan of the Dark Swan series, then I think you'll be pleasently surprised with this graphic novel. It sure as hell left me wanting to read the novel properly. I want to know more of Euginie and her otherworlds. Wonderful read.

I'd like to thank Patrick over at Sea Lion Books for allowing me to review this. It was wonderful, and I'm now a fan of graphic novels :)



Volume 2 to come very soon :)



No comments:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis