Pages

Wednesday 9 March 2011

A review for The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter

Posted by Donna
Published date: April 19th, 2011
Date Read:  March 9th, 2011
The BlurbEvery girl who has taken the test has died. Now it's Kate's turn. 


Review: What an absolutely AMAZING debut novel from author Aimee Carter. And what a AMAZING start to a new unique series. 

This book follows Kate and her mother moving to Eden on request from her mother as her last dying wish. When Kate enrolls at Eden High she is involved in a prank that goes horribly wrong, which leads her to meet a stunning and handsome stranger named Henry. Henry offers Kate a deal that could change her life forever - which she believes, couldn't possibly be real. Not only does she not believe, but she believes this is the worse situation possible, or is it? 

To say I fell in love with this story would be a massive understatement, and not only did it blow me away with the new take on Greek Mythology but it was a story that had everything that I love. It had mystery, betrayal, sacrifice and lets not forget the romance. If every author could use their imagination the way Aimee Carter has, then I would be lost for words with every book I'd read. I could not believe how well this story was written - that I could actually imagine being right there in the very same room as the characters. 

Kate's character comes so far as the story processes. She overcomes so many obstacles and trials but she still continues to fights for what she truly loves. She became such a strong character that I couldn't help but love her. And then there's Henry - Henry who is really Hades. If Hades was really like him, boy, I'm sure he would have every girl lining up to meet him. He is such a lovable character that you can't help but feel sorry for him - for all he's been through. And I'm so glad that he & Kate finally met. 

I'll be honest and say, I was expecting the ending to the story to be quiet predictable, but the author threw so many twists and turns, it was impossible to know what was coming next. I sat gasping, crying and my heart was breaking in parts of the story. 

Overall, I loved this book. One I will be recommending to as many people as possible. I can not wait to buy this when it hits the stores and I'm only disappointed that I now have to wait until 2012 to read the next book. 

What a brilliant job Amiee Carter has done and Thank You to NetGalley and Harlequin Teen for providing me with a ARC copy.

16 comments:

Book Passion for Life said...

ARGH! I want to read this sooo bad!! I just spoiled it for me by seeing who Henry is but hey ho! It should either hurry up and get published in the UK or NetGalley should step on it and approve it for me!
Jess

Book Passion for Life said...

Jess - I had to wait about 2 weeks to get approved for it. :( Donna

Book Passion for Life said...

Argh Noooo! I can't wait that long! It'll be released here in April so maybe I'll buy it then if I'm not approved for it.
Jess

K.C. Neal said...

I've heard nothing but good things about this novel. Can't wait to check it out!!

Book Passion for Life said...

Hey hun, it really was good. one of the best stories I've read this year. What you reading at the moment? Donna

Wee Shubba said...

This is next on my list to read. Also got an egalley from Netgalley.

Kayleigh @ K-Books said...

i loved this book. its so amazing

Book Passion for Life said...

I loved it girls. Oh and I love Henry too ;) Lol
Donna

Lesley said...

Good review. I will need to add this to my TBR pile now.

K.K said...

i really want to read it....

Book Passion for Life said...

Its a MUST rad girls :) Can't wait to actually buy it but I think we can only get it from The Book Depository in the UK for some reason. Donna

Lindsey's Bookshelf said...

I finished it a couple of days ago and I have to say it was fantastic, i Loved Henry.
I can not wait for the next one to be release which I think is called Goddess Interupted.
5* from me.

Book Passion for Life said...

So glad you enjoyed it Lindsey :) I'm excited to re-read it before the next one comes out. Donna x

Christie (Neliss) said...

Oh, now I really want to read this! I gotta read this... Good review.:)

Cosy Dragon said...

Nice review! I should check this book out. I've read another book by her. Sounds great! :D

Anonymous said...

My name is Karina, I'm someone who has lived a life seemingly in the background, I must say this final indignity I have suffered almost too much to endure. You see, I have been sickly and weak since the day I was born and doomed to go through all my life a weakling. I seemed to have always suffered from one illness or another and could never play with the other children as I so desperately wanted to. Mother always made such a big fuss over me, also, making the situation worse as the other boys teased me mercilessly after they saw it. I was browsing  the internet searching on how i could be transformed into a powerful when i came across the email of a man named Lord Mark. who was a VAMPIRE so I told him that I has always dreamed of becoming a  VAMPIRES, All i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to Lord Mark. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis