Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

A Review for Tomorrow Land by Mari Mancusi

Tomorrow LandPosted by Donna
Published Date: March 8th, 2012
Finished Date: March 20th, 2012
Publishers: NLA Digital 
Source: NetGalley
Format: Kindle
Pages: Unknown
<
The Blurb from Goodreads: Can true love survive the end of the world? Imagine finding your first love, only to be ripped apart by the apocalypse. Peyton Anderson will never forget the day she was forced to make a choice--between her family--and Chris Parker, the boy she'd given her heart. Now, four years later, as she steps from the fallout shelter and into a dead and broken world, he's the only thing on her mind.

All Chris "Chase" Parker wanted was to take Peyton away and keep her safe from harm. But he waited for hours in the rain on judgment day and she never showed--breaking his heart without ever telling him why.

Now the two of them have been thrown together once again, reluctant chaperones to a group of orphan children in a post-apocalyptic world where the dead still walk...and feed. As they begin their pilgramage to the last human outpost on Earth, can they find a way to let go of old hurts and find the love they lost--all while attempting to save what's left of the human race?
<
The Review: Tomorrow Land follows the lives of Peyton Anderson and Chris Parker, where the story is told from alternative points of view but each chapter is jumping from present to past.  When the apocalypse happens, Peyton and Chris are forced to make choices that will forever change their lives….leading Peyton to choose her family over him. Four years later, Peyton emerges from a fallout shelter that her father created and now she steps into the world where everything is in ruins, and there are now people called ‘The Others’ running around and killing people. When Peyton and Chris “Chase” are reunited, they try to work together to find a safe haven and mainly to track down Peyton’s father, who she believes holds the key to restoring the world to how it once was. Peyton and Chase have the fight of their lives on their hands but the question is…can they both survive?

I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of this book before until I’d seen it available on NetGalley and surprisingly, it is a really fun read. Zombie’s really aren’t my favourite creature to read about, I think there is only so far the story can go, but Mari did a great job bringing the perfect blend of excitement and romance into the story and also the element of surprise with the creepy zombies and that’s why I rated it 3 stars.

What I noticed about this book was how unique it is. I know I’ve already said there is only so far a zombie book can go, but I have never read a zombie book that is really unique. The world that was created, the viruses, the apocalypse, the people …everything about it screamed uniqueness and for this it made the book a really interesting read. 

Peyton was probably the best character out of the book, not only does she know what's going on but her father has prepared her for the worst in more ways than one. With him being a scientist, he physically changes Peyton and turns her into something similar to a cyborg. She can fight, she is fast, strong and has knifes in her fingers....making her unbeatable and can kill any zombie. Now Chase, he's just amazing. He isn't perfect and he does have his problems but he's loyal, kind and such a lovable guy. He adores Peyton and he is there for her every step of the way. I loved them as a couple together and I loved watching their romance grow.

All in all, Tomorrow Land was a fast paced, intriguing and dangerous read and I'd highly recommend it if your looking for something a little different. 

8 comments:

Carina said...

I wasn't really sure whether to request this when I saw it on NetGalley, but your review actually makes me want to read it. I do enjoy a good zombie book from time to time, but with my never-ending tbr-pile I might have to wait a while until I'll get a copy and read it.

Thanks for sharing, hun!
Carina

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Sounds pretty good. Great review! There are a lot of zombie books popping up in YA now but I'm glad you think this one stands out. :)

Wee Shubba said...

Really love the sound of this one and love the cover. Think I'll hold off until May to read this one :)

Giselle said...

I hadn't heard of it before it was on NG either but I'm very curious about it it's gotten mostly positive reviews! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Carly said...

I love a zombie book myself, so if this one is really unique I think I need to check it out. Thanks for a great review, Donna. -Carly @Fiction Fascination

Book Passion for Life said...

Thanks all! It was a good read, I think just because it's Zombie's it's not my favourite. Donna xoxo

Nilesh said...

Small businesses vs enterprises revolve around the application of the engineer, as they do not have to care about the company per se

Logan Brown said...

My advise to you is to make video reviews of tomorrow land. Video review is more popular and you can post such video on youtube and get new audience from there. On this site https://soclikes.com/ you can get likes and views as well

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis