Pages

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (#10)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. 
Jess's WoW
The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) 
by Julie Kagawa
Release date: April 24th, 2012


IN A FUTURE WORLD, VAMPIRES REIGN. HUMANS ARE BLOOD CATTLE. AND ONE GIRL WILL SEARCH FOR THE KEY TO SAVE HUMANITY.

Allison Sekemoto survives in the Fringe, the outermost circle of a vampire city. By day, she and her crew scavenge for food. By night, any one of them could be eaten.

Some days, all that drives Allie is her hatred of them. The vampires who keep humans as blood cattle. Until the night Allie herself is attacked—and given the ultimate choice. Die… or become one of the monsters.

Faced with her own mortality, Allie becomes what she despises most. To survive, she must learn the rules of being immortal, including the most important: go long enough without human blood, and you will go mad.

Then Allie is forced to flee into the unknown, outside her city walls. There she joins a ragged band of humans who are seeking a legend—a possible cure to the disease that killed off most of humankind and created the rabids, the mindless creatures who threaten humans and vampires alike.

But it isn't easy to pass for human. Especially not around Zeke, who might see past the monster inside her. And Allie soon must decide what—and who—is worth dying for.


Donna's WoW
Sweet Evil 
Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins
Release date: May 1st, 2012


What if there were teens whose lives depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.

Tenderhearted Southern girl, Anna Whitt, was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip to meet her father forces Anna to face the reality that hope and love are not options for her kind. When she confronts her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

What's your "waiting on" pick this week?
Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link at Breaking the Spine. 

Happy Reading!


11 comments:

Carina said...

This is sooooo torturous - I'm dying to read both of these books and whenever I see them again, it get worse and worse. Aaaaah, NEED THEM NOW. :D

Carina

Jenni said...

I've heard about both these books and they both sound like great reads. I especially can't wait for The Immortal Rules. A book written by Julie Kagawa about vampires? Yes, please. Brilliant picks!
- Jenni (My WoW)

Michelle Chew said...

Goodness! I've preordered BOTH books! Lovely! Can't wait for both to be released! Great choices! :D

My WoW

Vicky @ A Backpack Full of Adventures said...

I haven't read Julie Kagawa's books yet but I know she's supposed to be really good!

Fab pick, girls! ;)

Here's my WoW for this week.

Happy reading!
Vicky
Books, Biscuits, and Tea

Carina Olsen said...

Awesome picks! :D I cannot wait to read The Immortal Rules. <3 I think it will be so so so good :) And Sweet Evil sounds awesome as well :D Pre-ordered it a couple of days ago ;)
Love, Carina

Wee Shubba said...

Both of these books I'm really looking forward to. :)

Christy @ TheReaderBee said...

I am SOOOO looking forward to reading both of these as well! Julie Kagawa is amazing, and I can't wait to see what ride she is going to take us on next. :) Great picks!

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I just grabbed The Immortal Rules of NetGalley today and can't wait to get stated on it! The cover for Sweet Evil is amazing and it sounds like my type of book. Great choices, both of you! :)

Elodie said...

Great picks girls :) !!
I'm actually dying to read both of these books !!

Bex said...

Oh my gosh, yes! Two books I'm dying to read. But I finally have my hands on The Immortal Rules! *dies a little* Awesome choices ladies. :DD Thanks for stopping by!

Suzanne (Parabooklover) said...

I can't wait for both of these books either. I had Sweet Evil as my WOW last week :) And I loved the Iron Fey series so can't wait to see Julie's take on vampires.

My WOW

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis