Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Dusty Reads (#11)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Matched
by Ally Condie

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate... until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.


The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.

Jess's thoughts: This was a RAK from Lesley at My Keeper Shelf. Its been sitting on my shelf for ages. I'm not entirely sure why I haven't gotten around to reading it yet. It could be due to the mixed reviews I've read about this one.  It is a Dystopian, and I love Dystopians so I may be one of the few that will enjoy this one. I'll get to it one day, I'm sure.

The Lost Saint (The Dark Divine, #2)
 
Donna's Dusty Read


The Lost Saint 
by Bree Despain

A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to the The Dark Divine.

Donna's thoughts: I read the first book in this series over 2 years ago - I think and I really enjoyed it. Now I keep meaning to read this book but I've been in no real rush for it. With the third book in the series just being released, I really want to it and get back on with this series because from what I remember, the main character Daniel was pretty hot!! lol =) 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Both of those are in my TBR pile, I don't know why i havn't picked up The Lost Saint because I really enjoyed the first but I have been putting off Matched because of the ratings :S

Carina said...

Aaaah, Donna, why did you have to remind me?! I sooo need to get a copy of THE LOST SAINT sometime soon, because I really enjoyed THE DARK DIVINE and can't believe I haven't continued the series yet... especially since book 3 is out now. :D

And I actually enjoyed Matched, Jess! It's not necessarily one of my favorite books, but I definitely liked it and sooo need to order a copy of CROSSED soon. :D

Hope you'll get around to these soon! :)
Carina

Naga said...

I'm really eager to read Matched!! With Divergent just finished and Hunger Games movie around the corner, I'm in this dystopian mood and I just can't shake it ^^

Haley @ YA-Aholic said...

Ahh I wanna read Match too Jess!!!!!! We need to get to it! ha

Ahh Donna I have read book 1 and 2, I liked book 2 alot more, but I still don't think the series is AMAZING or anything, but still good whenever you have time for it (:

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis