Pages

Saturday 31 March 2012

A Review for Entangled (Spellbound #1) by Nikki Jefford

Entangled (Spellbound, #1)Posted by Guest Reviewer Melanie
Published Date: February 20th, 2012
Finished Date: March 13th, 2012
Publishers: Self-Published Author
Source: For Review
Format: Kindle
Pages: 303

The Blurb from Goodreads: Twin witches Graylee and Charlene Perez agree on one rule: No dating warlocks. Not so easy when a certain rogue warlock is convinced he and Graylee belong together and will use anything, including magic, to try and impress Gray. When Charlene’s boyfriend dumps her, she threatens to kill either herself or the girl who stole Blake. Somehow, Gray ends up dead.
A Resurrection Spell Gone Wrong:
Two months after dying, Gray wakes up in Charlene’s body. As a witch, can anyone blame her mother for attempting to bring her daughter back to life? Only now Gray’s stuck sharing her sister’s body 50/50 in twenty-four hour shifts.
The race is on for Gray to find a way back inside her own body before Charlene purges her from existence. Raj McKenna is rumored to meddle in the black arts, not to mention he’s after Gray’s invisibility spell and worse – her heart. But Raj might be the only one powerful enough to save Gray from fading away forever.

The Review: I’m not going to write my own blurb because the above sums it up perfectly and I don’t feel I could add anything to it to make it better. So straight onto my opinion. . . . .
This is a really good ‘witchy’ book and I enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the characters, the twins – Charlene is the hot headed drama queen who has a very selfish view on life and Graylee is practically her opposite, she is the level headed one who always has to keep Charlene in check and calm her down, she is more mature in many ways and less focussed on her social life. Graylee has also been unable to do most magic for a number of years. It’s good what happens between them because it was like seeing two sides of one coin, each side battling for supremacy. Raj was cool, he had a bit of the bad boy vibe about him and although he was in a lot of the book I would have liked more form him, we get a little insight into his family life and school persona but I wanted more on a personal level, hopefully we get that in book two.
It had a great plot with a few twists and turns. I have read something with a similar outcome but different journey and I have to say I really preferred this, there was a lot more going on and although I saw where it was going in some places, I didn’t in others because of a few surprises. I loved the witchcraft element; I’ve said it before that I love a good witchy book and this was no exception particularly when we see both sides of the spectrum i.e. The way it’s used and for what and we also get to see the consequences for someone who miss-uses their magic. I read it all in one go because it was hard to put down, the pacing was good with reveals throughout the book rather than clumped at the end and I liked how we got to know the girls separately for a good portion of the book before the inevitable happened, it helped to keep in each of their mind-sets and separated their personalities so you could still see them both clearly.
So yeah, this was a great read with awesome characters and an unusual plot peppered with twists and turns that will keep you thoroughly entertained for a few hours and I would definitely recommend it. I will be looking out for the next book- Duplicity – out in May 2012 which looks really promising from the sneak peak in the back of the book.
 

4 comments:

Carly said...

Great review, Melanie :D I have seen this one around lots before, but your review has intrigued me to go check it out.

Carly :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

I haven't read many reviews for this book but from yours and a few others, it definitely does sound like it is worth the read. great review! :)

Unknown said...

Great review! and that cover is just gorgeous!

Elodie said...

Great review :) !! I can't wait to read this book .. I don't read enough witchy books and this one sounds absoluely awesome !! Besides Nikki Jefford is so sweet ..
Can't wait !!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis