Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Dusty Reads (#12)


Dusty Reads is a weekly meme, hosted by Xpresso Reads featuring a book that has been sitting unread on our shelves for some time. To participate and more information, click here.

Jess's Dusty Read
Infinite Days
by Rebecca Maizel


"Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you...no one."

Those were some of Rhode's last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste. Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn't Rhode. But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream. I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me.

Jess's thoughts: This has been on my shelf for a while! Donna has read this one, and she loved it. I think the only reason I put it off was because last year when it was published in the Summer, book 2 wasn't going to out until late this year (2012) that's why I've been putting it off. I've only heard good things about it, and I will get around to reading it this year. I hope.

Entwined
 Donna's Dusty Read


Entwined 
by Heather Dixon

Confined to their dreary castle while mourning their mother's death, Princess Azalea and her 11 sisters join The Keeper, who is trapped in a magic passageway, in a nightly dance that soon becomes nightmarish.

Donna's thoughts: I can not wait to read this. Haley from Ya-aholic bought me this book for my birthday last year and I still haven't read it. It sounds amazing and totally unique. And I adore the cover so hopefully it's good! 

So that's our Dusty Read's for this week! Don't forget to leave us your thoughts below. 
Happy Reading!

7 comments:

Carina Olsen said...

Yay! Donna; Entwined is AMAZING! I loved it so so so much. I hope you'll get to read it soon and that you'll enjoy it :) And Jess; that sounds like an interesting book ;) I hope you'll like it :D
Love, Carina

Ruby97 said...

Hmmm. Entwined sounds EXACTLY like the book Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. But with different names. But i loved PoMB so this one sounds okay, haha i would read it just to see if the books are the same anyways lol :)

Book Passion for Life said...

Yay, I'm so glad you ladies love Entwined. I can't wait to dig into it FINALLY!!! Donna xoxox

Aleksandra said...

I've heard great things about these, although I haven't read them, but I hope you'll read them soon & enjoy them :) Great picks!!!

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said...

I can't wait to see what y'all think of Infinite Days! :)

Sam (Realm of Fiction) said...

Hope you both enjoy these books! I have read both and liked Entwined slightly better but I'm looking forward to seeing what you;ll make of them. :)

Elodie said...

I read Infinite Days last year and it was a nice read, though I didn't love it !!I'm hoping you'll enjoy it once you get to it Jess ;)
Entwined looks and sounds awesome .. so I really look forward to know what you think of it Donna :)

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Graphics by Octopus Artis